Chapter Thirty-Two - The Battle At Malfoy Manor

They really were stuck. Lily couldn't believe that Deryn and Nurse Alice were in on this plot. The burly man seemed to be heading the operation.

"Take those ridiculous disguises off, Pansy, Daphne." Lily wondered who he was talking to, and then saw that Golds was removing a wig of the white, curly hair she usually sported. She tapped her face with her wand and her nose morphed into a smaller, more attractive shape. Her eyes turned from a strange purple to dark brown. Lily looked into the face of a raven-haired young woman with dark eyes. She was attractive but in a slightly intimidating way. Nurse Alice seemed to be morphing before Lily's eyes, into a woman with a big nose, coarse blonde hair and unpleasant face.

"Who are you both?" Lily breathed, shaking with anger that these people were here. She had sort of always known that Professor Golds was not a good egg, but Nurse Alice? She was always so kind to everyone. Now though, her new face was warped with evil and hatred.

"I am Pansy Parkinson, this is Daphne Greengrass. We Death Eaters didn't ALL die, you stupid girl." The woman Lily had believed to be a Professor sounded perfectly calm as she spoke. "Now, I am feeling nice today, so I am inclined to give two of you a choice." The evil enjoyment at their terror was sickening to see. "Hampden! McDonald! Step forward!" Oli and George jumped at her harsh words, but stepped forward.

"You can either have all your memories obliterated and be deposited in rural Wiltshire, or I will kill you on the spot" Daphne- Nurse Alice - laughed smoothly.

"What's going to happen to the others?" Oli asked. His voice was shaking, but he powered on.

"We will send... Things... to their parents as ransom notes, plant false trails, that sort of thing" The burly man paused nastily for affect, "The whole ministry will be so busy looking for them under the control freak Granger that no one will notice as we put our plans into action. We can kill all of them afterwards" He chuckled, "The Potter children have walked right into our arms, how wonderful!"

"So? What do the worthless children choose?" Pansy snapped, looking at Oli and George. They looked at each other, then at Lily and Jayla.

"We won't abandon our friends," They said, in unison. Lily was worried this might happen, and shook her head at them, much to the distaste of the Death Eaters.

"The weak little barbie doll disagrees?" The thuggish man said, pouting at Lily with a soppy expression on his face. Lily made up her mind on the spot; If she was going to die, she would die with her head held high. She would not be ridiculed by this misogynistic human being and bullied into submission by his accomplices.

"This barbie doll could take you down blindfolded, you toss pot!" Lily shouted, as angry as she had ever been. She swore she saw James cover his ears at the sound. "Attack!" Lily drew her wand from behind her back, as did James, Al, Rosie, George and Oli. Hugo scrambled to get himself and Jayla undercover.

"Stupefy!" Lily shouted, pointing at Deryn. She had noticed Deryn's eyes looked a little blurred, and she was almost certainly bewitched, to have tipped these people off as she had done. Lily didn't want to believe her friend was evil.The first curse is normally the best, and so it was incredibly brave of Lily to save Deryn, a lesser force, instead of attacking her immediate threat. James had locked the male death eater in a duel, Oli and Al were both matching Pansy's ability, and Rosie and George were fighting Daphne. Lily decided to dart around and help where she could. She cast a shield charm over Hugo and Jayla - her attempt was weak, but it would probably protect them both for a while, at least. The fights were well underway after Lily's attempts at the charm. While James was battling valiantly, he plainly wasn't winning the fight. The vast and supposed Death Eater was surprisingly quick. Lily remembered a charm she had once read about, "Expelliarmus," to disarm an opponent. It couldn't hurt, could it? She pointed at the battle and said the incantation.