Chapter Fourteen - Christmas and Catastrophe

"Lily! Wake up!"

Lily groaned a someone shook her violently, she opened her eyes and saw the face of the ever-excitable Roxie.

"Roxie." Lily rolled over and away from her cousin. "Even if it is Christmas I still need sleep."

"And you've got plenty! Come on, get up." As she sat up, Lily saw that Rosie, Dom and Lucy appeared to have all been woken up in this way. The normally stunning, part-veela Dominique had long blonde hair tangled and unwashed about her face. Meanwhile, Rosie's curly hair had become a red afro, and Lucy's perfectly straight auburn hair was similarly bedraggled.

"Did you wake everyone up, Roxie?" Lily asked, knowing the answer.

"She did." Dom said, begrudgingly. "I think I'll do it to her tomorrow, honestly Lily, you're lucky; she woke me up first!"

The girls eventually rolled out of bed and decided to go downstairs and eat in their pyjamas, a luxury anyone at Hogwarts was grateful of in the holidays. On the landing, Lily met Hugo, and the two chatted as they walked together down the stairs.

"Did you guys get woken up this morning." Lily grumbled as the two made their way to the kitchen.

"We had an alarm." Hugo said, eyes twinkling. "We thought we'd booby-trap Molly and Vic's room, but they were already up working." His face fell. "It was a shame really."

"Hugo!" Lily said, wacking him on the arm. "Molly and Vic are nice. Why would you want to booby-trap them?"

"Something to do, I guess." Hugo shrugged. "We didn't get to do it. And that hurt. Beaters can't hit other beaters you know, it's actually one of the 700 ways to complete a Quidditch foul."

"Hugo Weasley, speaking like a dictionary. I should hit you more often." Lily smirked as they entered the kitchen. The traditional breakfast of waffles and jam had been plated up by the adult men of the Weasley-Potter family the night before, and was in the fridge.

"Ladies, what happened today?" Fred smirked as he entered the kitchen. "Messy hair, don't care, is it?"

Dom, Rosie, Lily and Lucy all threw various different condiments at him, shouting that they looked fine. The spoonful of mayonnaise Dom had hurled hit him on the head.

"Woah. OK." Fred said, and he left, presumably to shower. The girls broke out in giggles as James, Al and Louis walked in, and attempted to get around Lily and Rosie and get to the fridge.

"Did you guys actually do that to Fred?" James looked both amazed and respectful.

"He insulted our appearance." Dom said, with dignity, "We couldn't just stay there and do nothing."

"I think I better warn your boyfriend of that; Dom!" Louis said, laughing at his fifth year cousin.

"Ugh, tell Milo what you like, he won't listen." Dom replied dismissively, as she sat at the table. Lily privately agreed as she ate her waffle in silence. All of Dom's boyfriends had just been amazed that they'd actually got her as a girlfriend. Auntie Fleur was absolutely beautiful, and according to her Bill had been very good looking before he was attacked by that werewolf. Dominique and Victoire were, without a doubt, the prettiest sisters in Hogwarts, and they definitely were never short of boys desperate to earn their affections.

"Does anyone know the time?" Rosie said, as they finished their breakfast. The tradition was that they would open presents at nine on Christmas day.

"It's nearly nine." Molly said, from the end of the table. She has appeared around ten minutes ago with Vic, and the latter and Dom had been sitting in a frosty silence ever since.