Chapter Eight - Scorpius Malfoy

James Potter was walking down the stairs with his friends when he saw a sight that made his blood boil. His sister, Lily Potter, being blocked entry into the Great Hall by none other than Scorpius Malfoy, a third year Slytherin who hated the Potter family.

"James, what's up?" Julian asked him, following James' eyes to the Great Hall entrance, where Malfoy was now talking to Lily. "That's Malfoy. And that's your sister, isn't it?" His eyes narrowed.

"Right. That's it." James ran down the remainder of the marble staircase, Julian and Eoin running in his wake, towards Lily and Malfoy.

As James had been watching, Lily had been being tormented by the ever-relentless Malfoy.

"Now Potter. Let's get this straight. Your brother's think they are so clever, and I bet you do to. But I'm in charge around here, so you do as I say."

Lily was outraged at this command.

"No way, Malfoy. I'm not being walked about on." Lily gritted her teeth and squared herself up for a fight.

"Then be prepared for seven years of hell. Wingardium Leviosa!"

Lily's bag flew high above her head, and a bottle of ink fell out and smashed onto the floor, splashing Lily's skirt with a shockingly black ink. At that moment however, a male voice behind her shouted "Flipendo!" just as a female voice shouted exactly the same thing. The double jinx was so powerful it knocked Malfoy onto his back and into the great hall.

Turning round, Lily saw quite a crowd. At the forefront, however, were Rosie, James, and Al. James and Rosie had their wands pointing towards the open great hall. Rosie put her wand into her robes, and ran forward to help Lily gather her things from the mass of books soaked in ink.

"Scourgify!" James pointed the wand at Lily's things, and all the ink evaporated. Meanwhile, Al had shouted at the crowd until they disbanded.

"I'll kill Scorpius Malfoy!" James burst out savagely.

"I'll torture him first!" Al swore loudly, striding over to his elder brother.

"Guys, it's OK, he didn't hurt me!" Lily didn't​ like all this protection she didn't need.

"It is not OK! How dare he pick on a first year!" Rosie stormed to herself as she helped Lily shove her newly dried books into her bag. Her bushy red hair flew. Lily had never seen her cousin so furious "Come sit with us, Lils, in case he comes back."

Lily thought it best to obey her cousin whilst in this mood. James' friends came over from the stairs and followed the little party into the hall. Malfoy was just getting up, but seeing the party of Potters and the lone Weasley seemed to have cooled his desire to bully Lily.

"James! What the hell just happened?" Dominique came rushing up from her seat with Fred.

"I'll explain in a minute." James answered, sitting down beside Dominique and pushing Lily onto the bench between him and Rosie. Lily was still in shock when she noticed that her family were everywhere. The only people, bar their friends, within two foot each way, were Weasleys and Potters.

"So James, what happened?" Molly asked from across the long table, earning nods from her sister, Fred, Roxie and Dom.

"Well, it was Malfoy, the git. Lily can explain if she wants." This was unusual of James, for he normally never gave up the chance to tell a story, therefore Lily took the opportunity to play down Malfoy's attack on her.

"Well, I was on my own, I've no idea where Hugo or the others went, and Malfoy blocked the way into the Great Hall for me." Lily started.

"Little git." Fred said, to which Rosie shushed furiously.