Chapter Sixteen - Good To Be Back

"Do you want to see your dad, Lily, James, Al?" Ginny said. The answer was obvious.

"What happened to Auntie Hermione?" Lily asked, curiously.

"We don't know. She may have been hit over the head; but there's no blood and she was out for hours. She might have a medical condition; but there aren't any signs. It seems she just collapsed." Ginny sighed, and the others looked at Lily.

"Can we see Mum?" Hugo asked, eagerly.

"Yep." Ginny said, "She's staying the night for precautionary measures; as is Harry. Ron and I are going to take you to the Potter House for the night. So today; only Rosie and Hugo can see Hermione and you three can see Harry. In the morning, you can see Hermione and Harry, but tonight they only want immediate family visitors.

"Have our other grandparents been told? Granny and Grandad George?" Rosie asked, getting out of bed and putting on her shoes.

"Yes; they're with her now. Your dad will be here any minute to take you to her; and when he gets here we're going to see Harry."

At that precise moment, Ron opened the door. He looked tired and pale, but he was smiling.

"Dad!" Rosie said. She ran to hug him, and he looked her in the face.

"Mum will be fine. Come on, let's go and see her. Thanks, Gin." He mouthed the last sentence at Ginny over his shoulder as he walked out with an overly-eager Rosie and Hugo.

"Let's go then, kids." Al, James and Lily followed their mum out of the door, and down a long corridor that Lily recognised as the way to the lift. They went up to the fourth floor, with the lift to themselves. When they got to the lift, they walked down the corridor immediately in front of them. After what seemed like an hour, they reached a door with,

'Unknown spell damage ward 3, Male.'  Below this was another sign, reading, 'Healer in charge: Alfred Woft. Trainee Healer: Autumn Holliday.'

"Come on then, kids." Ginny said, a little nervous. She knocked three times and opened the door. As the room came into view, Lily saw a ward with six beds, but only one was occupied. Harry Potter lay, propped up on pillows, in the closest bed to them.

"Gin. Kids, it's great to see you!" Harry held out his arms for Lily to hug him. When they broke apart, he looked at her with a questioning face.

"Where did they send you, exactly?" He asked, frowning.

"We went to another ward. They gave us all shock drafts, but Rosie had a really strong one because she was so upset, and it was designed to make her sleep for an hour. So, she slept for an hour and we stayed with her." Lily said, simply.

"Oh alright." Harry said. "I'll presume you know what happened. We're going to tell you everything when we get home; why it happened and what it was. OK?" James, Lily and Al looked at each other.

"Sorry, Dad. We aren't children anymore. We know that it used to happen because of Voldemort." James said, apologetically.

Harry sighed, and changed the subject.

"Ginny, would you get me some overnight stuff when you take the kids home?"

"Yes, I'll do that." Ginny said quietly, not her usual self.

"You'd better be going; it's getting late." Harry said. Lily stared.

"Dad; it's not even seven." Lily said, confused.

"Just, go home, Lily. I'll be OK. Goodbye." Lily was hurt. Her father had never been so dismissive of her. Ginny nodded, and bustled all of them out of the door.