Chapter Three - Diagon Alley Again

Over the next couple of weeks, Lily was surprisingly busy, considering she was an eleven year old who did not attend school. She had not had the time to dwell on Jayla or her family because, what with writing to her new friend, rounding off her muggle education, talking with Hugo and reading her textbooks, Lily barely had a spare moment during the day, and at night she was so tired she fell straight to sleep.

Lily was shocked when she realised that the family were halfway through June, and one morning Harry, Ginny and Lily received a letter from James and Al, containing their exam results. Ginny read them out loud to Harry and Lily.

Dear Mum, Dad and Lily,

School is almost finished and so I thought I'd better send you what James and I scored on our exams this year, we got the results yesterday. I've got percentages and James has expected OWL grades.

OK, here you are:

Me:

Transfiguration: 78%

Charms: 80%

Potions: 100%

Herbology: 85%

DADA: 95%

History of Magic: 11%

"Al did well!" Harry said delightedly.

"Only if you overlook his History of Magic score. Anyway, I'll carry on." Ginny replied.

Rosie got 100% in everything except history of magic, and of course, she was disappointed. Anyway, here are James' marks and OWL grades.

James:

Transfiguration: A

Charms: E

Potions: A

Herbology: E

DADA: O

History of Magic: P

Muggle Studies: E

Care of Magical Creatures: A

That's about it really. I'll see you when the train gets in at 11 on June 29th. Only two weeks left of school!

Lots of Love,

Al (and James)

"Well, they did quite well. We know James isn't the most studious, and Al's results were very good. How did he get so brilliant at potions?" Ginny looked at Harry questioningly.

"He's always been amazing at potions, didn't you read his report? And Rosie told Lily that Al was even better than she was at making potions in her classes. In the report, it said, 'Albus appears to have a gift for light-handed potion making and I have rarely taught anyone so talented.'"

"Yes, yes he's good we get it," Lily said. "What are we doing today, then?"

***

What with being so busy, Lily barely noticed the days slipping by, until she was in the back of her father's car and on the way to London. The countryside turned into streets as they approached the motorway and the traffic in London was heavy, considering it was a Saturday morning.

Finally, they arrived outside the station, Harry parked the car and Lily got out of the backseat. They walked into the station together and stood outside platform nine, looking as though they were waiting for a train. Gradually, small groups of teenagers began to appear, and after about five minutes Lily spotted James coming through the barrier with a witch she recognised as his girlfriend, Amelia, whom she had met for a day at Easter.