Chapter XXII • Is It True?

I sat at the bottom of the stairs, waiting for Damien to finish getting ready, he always took forever for some reason. I mean I'm a girl and I don't even take as long as him. I did have a feeling why he was taking extra long today, he wanted to look good for his mate.

His mate's name Andrea and she works as a maid in the pack house of the Rose Pack, Alpha Wyatt's pack.

I let out a sigh, I was going to have to see him today. A week ago he rejected me and I ended up passed out from the stairs in that was put on my body. That's what happens when you get rejected, which is extremely rare. Mates are meant to perfect, but even the moon goddess can't be perfect like we all hope. I roll up my sleeves to my hoodie and looked at my arms, just to stare at some creations of mine.

I rolled down my sleeve when I heard feet running down the stairs behind me. "I'm ready," Damien says, fixing the buttons on his shirt. He was wearing dress pants and a plaid shirt, his hair fixed up with some gel.

"Let's go then," I say as I grab the keys to his truck. I was slowly learning how to drive, it was going well. Today I was driving to the Rose Pack.

I hop into the driver seat and Damien hops into the passenger side. "Let's get the show on the road," I smile and turn the truck on, blasting some music as we drove the far distance.

Within the last week my brother's, Xavier and Xander, have been protective of me. They even sent guards to my pack house. I told them that there were no threats to me, that I was okay, but they didn't believe so. My pack was too small to have any real enemies, if we did, we would be easily beaten.

The road trip was silent as Damien fell asleep and I kept driving till the sun began to set. What a beautiful sight to see. The pack house soon came into view in front of the sunset.

I parked the truck and lightly shook Damien awake. He grumbled and flipped around. "Don't you want to see Andrea?" I ask him, knowing he'd wake up in an instant. Which did happen. He hopped out of the truck and raced to the front door, fixing himself on the way.

I smiled and casually walked up towards him. My stomach churned as I didn't want to be here to see my ex-mate. It's going to be very awkward and unpleasant.

I shut my eyes for a moment, but then the front door opened. I looked up to see the same maid that greeted us last time, the snobby one. "Beta," she looks up at Damien with shiny eyes. No way was she going flirt with him. Then she looks down at me, "Who are you?" she asks, frowning.

"The Alpha of the Howler Pack," I tell her.

She scoffs, "No your not." She puts her hands on her hips and rests against the door, not letting us in. I could see Damien was getting restless not being able to see his mate that was close by.

I bite my lip, "Go get Alpha Wyatt then," I tell her. I didn't want to, but she wasn't going to let us in. She rolls her eyes and mind links him I presumed.

Soon footsteps could be heard approaching the door and I froze. "Alpha, this puny girl right here claims she is the Alpha of the Howler Pack," she snickers. "Would you like me to get the guards?" she asks him. I glare at her, and Damien follows.

"Don't disrespect my Alpha just because she's way cuter than you," Damien says with a straight face. I look up at him surprised. He protected me, well, my ego.

The maid growls, but Alpha Wyatt steps in front of her. "Cortina, you're on leave for two weeks. Don't disrespect other packs," he plainly says. Her eyes go wide and she stomps off in her skimpy outfit. "Come inside and follow me to my office Alpha Poppy and Beta Damien. I will get your mate."

We follow him up three sets of stairs and into his large office. We sits in front of his desk while he sits behind it. The door soon opens and in comes Damien's mate in her maid outfit, but hers wasn't skimpy.

"Okay, we are here to transfer a pack member, correct?" Alpha Wyatt asks me. His hands were folded nicely on the desk.

I look up at him, "Yes."

"Okay," he looks back at the couple, "Andrea and Damien, which pack would you like to transfer to?" he asks them. I turn to face them, I thought they agreed to come to the Howler Pack, but I might be wrong. I hope I'm not.

"Babe, my family is here," Andrea says with a whine. I knew at that point Damien was going to fall into the mate bond and stay. She was playing the pity game. "Plus, this pack is big! Our children would have so many friends."

Damien breaths heavily, thinking of what to do. "Andrea, I don't want to leave the Howler Pack," he tells her. My eyes perk up, maybe- just maybe.

Andrea frowns, "Why? What's so special there?" she asks him. "That pack was died long ago," I froze, not moving a muscle, where was she going with this? "There's nothing there for us. It stuck in the past, I want to keep moving forward. The Rose Pack is my home."

I gulp, 'Damien,' I mind link him, 'Go with her, the Howler Pack will be fine. Your mate is the most important thing in your life.' I sincerely tell him. I didn't want to be selfish and keep him away from his mate.

'Fluffy...' he trails off. "Okay, I'll transfer to the Rose Pack," he tells Andrea and Alpha Wyatt who smirked at me. Damien looks back at me with a sad face, but I smile back. I was happy for him, and I wanted him to be happy as well.

Alpha Wyatt sets down a paper in front of me, "Just sign at the bottom of the paper and Damien is welcomed into the Rose Pack." He hands me a pen and I suck in a deep breath. I write down Poppy on the bottom in cursive.

Alpha Wyatt snatches the paper as I finished. "Welcome to the Rose Pack Damien," he says with a sly smirk. I looked down at the ground.

"Come on babe, let's go to my room," Andrea gets up and tries to pull Damien along with her.

He pulls her hand out of his grasp, "I still need to get my stuff-"

"I'll ship it through the mail," I cut him off. He looks at me and hugs me tightly before Andrea took him away.

I get up from my chair, ready to leave, but Alpha Wyatt stops me. "I needed to talk to you alone." He was by the double doors, locking them.

•••

Thank you so much for all he reads like OMG I'm so happy and this story almost has double the likes as my other one that has the same amount of reads like what. Anyways I hope you're enjoying!