Chapter IX • Time Flies

Another month goes by, everything has been going great for me and the pack. Mary and her son are now a part of the pack, living happily along with the newly fit me and Damien. We had been training like bosses, but I had one thing on my mind I wanted to ask Damien. Today was the day.

As for our weapons training, it was okay. It seems that I was better as chemical weapons, and Damien was excellent at using a gun. He has a handgun, and rifle. We've been practicing everyday, and it was working out, now all we need is more people.

Our side project, the new house was going great too! Whenever we had free time we worked on it, right now we were to the point of insulating the place. It was pretty small, but our pack is freaking tiny, with only four people. There's ten rooms, and five bathrooms, a kitchen and living room. It was a struggle, but that also gave us a workout. Just to say, me and Damien feel like proud parents to this house.

'Damien, can you come to the living room,' I mind-link him. I hear a small okay and feet running down the stars.

"Sup, Fluffy?" he asks me, sitting down in the single chair across from me.

I look away for a second, preparing myself, "Would you like to become the Beta of the Howlers Pack?" I ask him. I needed a trustworthy person to be my Beta, and this was the guy.

His eye go wide and shines like a thousand suns. "Yes! Yes! Yes!" he shouts, hopping up and down. I smiled and laughed, he was very happy.

"What's going on?" Mary asks, peaking her head around a corner in the room.

"I'm going to be the Beta!" Damien says, throwing his hands up like a child. Now he's going to need Beta training. He runs over and hugs me tightly. Real tight.

"Wonderful!" Mary shouts. "Shall we go out to eat in celebration?" she asks. That was a good idea so I nodded in agreement.

"Okay Beta Damien, where shall we eat today?" I ask him.

He takes a moment to think before shouting Golden Coral. We all agreed that would be nice.

After dinner we were all stuffed to the brim with goodness. Damien probably ate ten plates worth, while me and Mary only had four. Mary's baby just sat there playing with his icecream. It was cute, but messy. I felt a bit bad for whomever is cleaning, so I'll leave a bigger tip.

"Anywhere else we need to go?" I ask, just making sure because we don't come often, well, Damien does.

"Get you some cloths for the Alpha meeting, you need something flashy!" Mary laughs. She is funny when you get to know her, and open minded. "I saw that dress you have, no, I'm going with to make sure you look like Cinderella before 12." She stands up and grabs my hand after I place down the money. "Oh, and Damien, take care of my baby!" and with that we left. Poor Damien, he doesn't know how to take care of a child, hopefully the thing doesn't poop itself while we are gone.

"The Alpha meeting is coming up, and soon. You need a nice dress, makeup, shoes, and nails," Mary says seriously to me. I just nod in agreement, not really knowing the importance of nails.

We walk down the street, which was oddly familiar. I didn't recognize it until we saw the place I first went to when I came to Groundsville, the wonderful mall. I got a little excited as we entered, just a little.

...

Who am I kidding? I missed this place! Once I came home that day, I felt like I was living in the past. All this new stuff just attracts me like fleas and cats.

"And off we go!" Mary says, dragging me behind her as she pulled on my wrist. I'm suppose to be the Alpha, but she's the boss one. I'd love to make her Delta, but she has a child to take care of, so she can't train like me and Damien, but no worries, one day we will get a Delta.

The first store we went to was where I found my red dress. I don't know what's wrong with it, but I have never had any experience with dressing up fancy. I'm a bum clothing type of person.

"Okay, your a bit short, but also slightly curvy." She smiles, "Perfect figure for when you get a mate." I choke on my spit and glare at her.

Mates was something I just never thought about. But now it's got my gears turning.

"Also, since your hair is white and your a ghost, we will need a lighter dress," she snaps me out of my thoughts. I look down at my arms, I was pretty white, even though I was in the sun a lot. Just one of those mysteries.

I look through all of the racks, everything was pretty, but the dark ones were my favorite. Once I tried to pull out a navy blue dress and got my hand slapped, ain't doing that again.

I see a large, red dress with a mermaid style bottom, but it was expensive and too big. I wanted a gown, but not a damn ball gown.

I heard ringing and paused, I knew Mary had a cellphone. She pulled it out and answered with a nice hello. I didn't bother getting one of those things, I'd probably just get confused like an old person.

Mary hands up the phone and smirks, "We are going to get you some guy cloths."

And just then, I remembered, a girl can't be an Alpha.