Chapter XXVIII • Time Flies

Fluffy's Pov.

My head pounded with a massive headache. My eyelids were too heavy to lift at this point, I'm only just gaining consciousness. Maybe I've healed? I doubt fully, but maybe enough to wake up.

The state of my head didn't seem to change for a bit, so I just focused on hearing something, maybe smelling and hopefully not tasting. That'd be weird to wake up to- something in your mouth.

Nope, nothing. I tried to lift my eyelids again and they slowly cracked open to reveal a white hospital room. It felt so dreary and dull in here, not to mention depressing.

I focus my eyes and look around, the room was empty of people, which I didn't mind. Anybody talking would probably just make my headache worse. Though, I do want to see how Alpha Moon is doing, as well my brother and Mary. I wonder how Demetrius is doing.

Matter of a fact, how long was I out for?

I glance at the calendar in the corner of the room. My eyes go wide as I see it was summer. Last I remember it was fall, with leaves falling off of trees. Now it's spring, unbelievable.

I let out a sign, it was starting to feel lonely in this room. I lifted my arm up and pressed a button that'd send a nurse to me. She might just be confused as to why the button was pushed.

Soon enough, the doctor creaked open and a lady in her middle twenties walked in, in a nurses outfit. "Oh my- you're awake Alpha Poppy," she says in shock. I nod in response, I couldn't seem to find my voice just yet. "I'll go get the doctor to run some tests then we will give you the phone Alpha," she says, leaving in a rush.

I groan and lay back, they had to do some of those tests on me again. I never enjoyed being here, because every time I come something has happened to me. Something I'm trying to figure out.

The doctor walks in ten minutes later and checks on me. I seemed to be in almost perfect condition, like nothing happened. We all know something did though.

Thankfully I was handed a phone after the testing. I decided to call my brothers first, this phone thankfully had all the Alpha's numbers in it.

It rang, but sadly, no answer. I shake my head, deciding Id just call them later. They're Alphas, they must be busy. I can't just interrupt their day.

The next person I call is Alpha Moon, of the Blue Moon Pack. I didn't have many friends, but he was one of them. I think so, I hope he does too. I'm not used to having friends, but I can realize one when I see one.

It rang a few times before a sleepy voice answers, "Alpha Moon here, how may I help you?" he asks, his voice deeper than normal.

I raise an eyebrow, getting ready to speak. I felt anxious, maybe even too much to talk. No, I want to do this-

"Hello?" he asks again, a bit annoyed. I let out a little squeak. "Who the hell is this?" he asks rudely. This must be the War Alpha showing.

"I-I um," I pause, "Hi." I simply say, not knowing what to say after being asleep for six months. Introductions are too hard for me.

"We already got the hellos down, now who the hell are you?" he growls.

I flinch away from the phone, "I'll just go back to sleep for another six months," I say, hanging up the phone call. He was being too disrespectful for my liking, or I was just being too dumb. Probably the second one, I'd be annoyed too now that I think about it... Anyways, what now? I had nobody else to call.

Actually, I did, Mary. I look up the Howlers Pack number and click call. It ring with no reply and I let out a sad sigh. I've had no luck today. Maybe all my luck was used for waking up.

The room door suddenly flew open and Alpha Moon stood at the open doorway in a tux. He looked a bit different, his hair cut was nice. He also seemed to be more fit, stronger. A small blonde girl stood behind him, looking a bit shy. She looked about the same height as me.

"Oh my god, you're awake!" he shouts, walking over to the side of my bed. I smile lightly, nodding. The girl follows closely behind him. I had a sneaking suspicion it was his mate.

"I can't believe it!" he smiles widely, "actually it has been six months..." he says looking away, like he knew when I was going to wake up. That'd be odd if he did. I doubt it though, maybe a hunch from the doctors.

"Yeah," I reply, my voice sounding scratchy. It felt awful just to hear. I frown, looking away. I was happy o see Alpha Moon, but I felt a pit of guilt in my stomach. "How have you been?" I ask, quietly.

He moves over to a chair and sits down, the girl sitting on his lap. He wrapped an arm around her and kissed her cheek. "A week after you fell into a coma, I found my mate, meet Massy," he introduces his mate, the Blue Moon's new luna. She smiled at me and waved a hello.

I nod, "Congratulations," I say, feeling a bit tired again. I didn't want to fall asleep again, but my body needed it. I was going to try and stay awake as long as I can.

Alpha Moon shrugs, "Thanks Poppy," I noticed one thing, he didn't call me Fluffy anymore. I presume he was just being proper. "Your pack member Mary also found her mate," he mentions and I listen closer. "He's nice, and they're getting along well. Demetrius loves him," he lets out a small laugh. It was obvious Alpha Moon took care of my pack, and he seemed to be doing a good job. He was paying attention to his pack, and mine. "So, when do you want to start running your pack again?" he asks me.

My breath hitches, I was an Alpha too. A pathetic one, I was constantly not well. "Never," I say, no sign of me kidding could be seen.

"Excuse me?" he asks a bit shocked.

I sigh, "I want to give you the Howler Pack," I tell him, looking straight into his glowing eyes.

I was a failure as an Alpha, and it was quite obvious.

"No, I won't take the Howler Pack from you. I'll keep Mary and Demetrius though. All you need to do is disband the Pack when you get back," Alpha Moon says, getting up from his chair, lifting his mate up. "If so, I hope I'll see you one day again."

I raise an eyebrow, as he walked out, holding hands with his Luna. So much changes in six months.

•••

Sorry for not frequently updating, but trust me, I have not forgotten about you guys. This book still has a bit to go before ending (Im hoping).

15,000 reads and almost one thousand likes... wow. I'm like- speechless. Wait, no, THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!

Anyways, rate my newly dyed red hair: