Chapter XVI • Meet My Unwanted Mate

"What the hell do you mean?" Wyatt growls loudly at me. His canines were in full view.

I snarled back, "I'm saying I don't know my mate." He may be my mate, but I don't care. If you growl at me with bad intentions, I'm going to fight back.

"You idiot, how could you not know your own name? What type of weak, pathetic Alpha are you? A girl could do a better job than your sorry ass!" I flinched back, not from the hurtfulness in him words, but the fact he said a female would be better than me. I keep forgetting he's the idiot, he doesn't realize that I'm a girl. You know what, I'm not going to tell him until he likes me for me and not the fact of my gender.

I look back over at Alpha Wyatt, "I can't reject you till I know my name. Till then, suck it up or try and kill me." I smirk, "It might just be the other way around," I licked my lips. Mentally, I was slamming my head against an imaginary wall. My cockiness has got the best of me today.

Next thing I know Alpha Wyatt is on top of me, snarling. His eyes were as back as coal. "You could never kill me!" He rages. I was no psychologist,  but I think he's trying to prove his dominance.

"Whatever." That would anger him, it angers people even more usually when they're mad. "I have one purpose as an Alpha, and that is not finding a mate that'd rather have some girl." I push him off, but he goes along with it, listening to my words.

"Promise." Oh yes, I promised Damien I wouldn't put they're in front of my new pack. I had to take care of them. I guess I do have another purpose as an Alpha, to stay an Alpha. and serve my pack.

I focused back on the suddenly quite Alpha Wyatt. He looked like he was talking to his wolf. Oh how I wish I could do that. Without her, I couldn't even tell Wyatt was my mate until he told me. I even bumped into him, hard!

"Zane.." Alpha Wyatt speaks up, like he decided something. I look up at him, listening with both ears, curious of what has been decided between him and his wolf. "I'm sorry, but I can't do this. My mate is suppose to be strong, and fertile." I let out a cough, guess going gay for him wasn't a possibility, but as the other one, strength, I had choices.

"If you think I'm weak for my size, then let us fight," I tell him, more like challenging him. Alphas hated to refuse challenged, their wolves love being the dominant one. I had an advantage as a human, rather than a wolf. I also had none deadly chemical weapons.

He bites his lip, there's the challenge in declining a challenge. "You're in the hospital right now though!" Excuses, excuses.

I raise an eyebrow, "That's for my mental health, not physical. So," I tap my cheek, "When and where?" I ask him.

He sighs and put his head on the edge of the bed. "My pack, in one week." He says, but as if he's regretting it. The mate bond didn't want us to fight, we wanted to though. "If I win, you never see me again."

I nod, "And if I win, admit you're a lier and tell me what you think of me afterwards." I hold out my hand, "Deal?" I may have had two parts to my side, but they were small enough to add up to never seeing me again.

"I guess so Alpha Zane," he shakes me hand, softly. He gets up and brushes the dust off of his sweater. "Until then, farewell."

He was almost out when I heard him say something I could barely hear, "Farewell my prey."

This was going to be interesting, Alpha mates fighting. One believes he's gay while the other is cross dressing to make a point. Who will win? Will love concur? We may never know!

Yes, yes we will know in one week.

"Zane~" Damien peeks his head through door and looks around, probably for Alpha Wyatt. He shrugs and sits next to me, placing a Chinese take out box in my lap. "Where'd Mr. dark eyes go?" he asks me, opening his own box.

"We are fighting in one week." I tell him, taking the first bite of my steak teriyaki. Heaven, this was my favorite food, I can no longer deny it.

"What?" Alpha Moon shouts. I look up at him, nodding with a 'duh' face. Kind of a dumb thing to lie about. "Fluffy, he's really strong, what do you even get out of this?" he asks me while staring at me.

I swallow my food and wipe my mouth, "Whoever wins gets their side of the deal made a reality," I tell him, not caring much. No matter how strong he is, I won't give up.

"That sounds dangerous, you sure about this Fluffy?" Damien asks with a full mouth. I nod in silence. I'm not backing down, it would count as if he won.

I know I seem really stubborn, cross dressing just to make my mate mad; but I want him to know me for me and not just some Luna material to be used for breeding and pretty photos. Once he admit that he liked me, for not my looks, I'll do what I can to tell him I'm a girl. I might die, who knows till the day comes.

"You're stupid." Alpha Moon butts in. "You're going to lose."

No, no, no. I look down at my half eaten food. He can't even have faith in me. He knows I've been training and training, nonstop.

Damien let's out a small growl, "Let's do a little bet of our own then, Mr. Mooner." I look at Damien, what is he doing?  "If my precious Alpha Fluffy-" he wraps an arm around me, "wins, you have to admit you were wrong. And maybe add a big flat screen tv to that." I ban my head against the wall behind me. He just had to add the television part, didn't he?

"And what if little mrs Alpha loses, what do I get that could satisfy me," he smirks. Awe didn't have anything he could possibly want. He had money, girls and all of the above.

"Me, her Beta," I choke on my food.

"No!" I shout, both of them turn to look at me and I blush from my outburst. "Never mind, it's not my choice." I sounded like an Alpha shouting that no.

"Then it's a deal." They shake their hands.

What have I done?