Chapter V • What?

After we finish our amazing meals me and Damien walk around and go to this places called a park. We sit down on a wooden bend and watched the pond in front of us.

"You never said what pack you're from," I mention out of curiosity. I might or might not go look through the catalogue looking for it.

He shrugs, "I don't like my pack. We are called the Blue Moon Pack. My Alpha is too harsh and only picks the strongest people to be warriors, not even bothering with people like me. I'm just a sad Omega," he sighs into his scarf.

I try and think if I've ever seen the name Blue Moon. Yes, yes I have read about them. They love to start war and havoc. Quite unpleasant if you ask me.

"Oh," I say, taking a moment to make a decision. "If you would like, you can join my pack."

He turns to me with wide eyes, "Really?" he asks me.

I nod, "But before you leave your pack I need to tell you something." I let out a breath I've been holding in. "I'm the only person on my pack." I turn away, a bit embarrassed. An Alpha with nobody else is useless.

"I'll join you Fluffy," I turn towards him and within half a second I'm engulfed in a hug. I never expected him to accept, he doesn't even know the name of the pack he is joining. "I need to go back to my pack house and go rogue, I'm guessing you don't want to meet my Alpha." I nod quickly, just wait till the Alpha meeting. "Where do you want me to meet you?" he asks me.

I point to the motel across the street, "I'm going to stay the night there, just knock." I simply say. He nods and gives me a quick hug before running off. How could I be trusted so easily? He hardly knew me! Well, I won't take advantage of his trust. I need him, he's the start of the Howler pack again.

~•~

I lazily watch the television, it was amazing. I need to get one of these things! Mine at home was crap, but this one is heaven. I seriously need an upgrade.

I freeze for a moment when I hear the door knock. I know Damien was coming back, but I didn't expect it in that moment.

I get up and off the bed to unlock the door. "Hi," I wave with my hand a little.

"Cute," he walks in and sits on the bed. He runs his hand through his brown hair. I took a sniff of the air, rogue. I hope her didn't leave his family for me. "I'm happy that I get a chance to be something, everybody else in my family are high rankings while I'm the pitiful one." Well, I guess I got an answer. "We have to leave now though, he could smell your rogue part and he sent people out. He also wants to me to leave."

I nod, understandingly, "Let's go then," I smile. I return my room key to the front door and we walk down the road.

"Do you think we could get a cab?" He asks me, I tilt my head in confusion. He understands and explains.

I take a moment to think, address, does the house have an address. Oh! The Alpha meeting note had an address. "Yup!" I smile.

The car ride was about thirty minutes long, I lived far from the town which did suck a bit, but I didn't need to go often. I payed the taxi man fifty and he left.

"Well, what do you think?" I ask Damien. He was silent so I turned to him. "Damien?" I asked a bit worried. I hope he doesn't regret coming, I'd be heartbroken.

"Oh my fucking god, this mansion belongs to the Howlers! It's in all the history books I saw in school- you're the Alpha of the Howler Pack? Holly shit they've been missing for over six-" I cut him off.

"Sixty years, I know. Come inside and I'll explain everything to you." He follows behind me closely. I didn't think a house would be so recognized. It's like they didn't know where it was, but somebody has to, to give me the letter.

We sit down together on the couch and I turn the radio on low. "This place looks like it hasn't been touched in sixty years either." Damien says.

"I know, because it hasn't," he turns towards me, interested. "Sixty years ago a plague ran across this territory called Elldentradion and killed everybody. It makes people burn inside out, slowly." He gasps. "Yeah, the Alpha left a note in a Alpha training book as he was dying. It said that whoever reads it to become Alpha. He left a veil of his blood in a secret safe. That's where I come in-" I pause taking a deep breathe, I needed to tell him this. "I was always rogue, but my family died from the same plague. As for my name, I touched my mother and I guess a part of my memory was erased forever, so I never knew my real name. After that I ran and ran till I came upon this manor. I became Alpha in hope of finding the cure to Elldentradion. I have a feeling the Alpha meeting might help me." I let out a long breathe. That was longer than I'd like it to be.

"Woah, no pack knew that. They thought the Howlers disappeared in thin air, no kidding." Damien looks away with slight sadness in his eyes. "As for the Alpha meeting, you need to be a guy.." he trails off.

"I can make myself look like a guy, enough to fool them, I already smell like one." I say confidentially. I only met him, but I feel like talking been years since I've known him.

He shrugs, "Yeah, but the sudden reappearance of the Howler pack with only two members is suspicious. Don't you think?" I nod. "Yeah know what," I look up at Damien. "We are going to go get more members to join us!"

I smile, "Let's do that."