Chapter III • Choices

The next day I woke up and went straight downstairs, where I placed everything. I opened the small box and stared at the veil of blood. "I wonder if it'll still work after 60 plus years being kept away." I asked myself.

Last night I had a dream that made me make a decision. It was of the last pack dying and the Alpha lying there, writing in the book. They all were screaming help me, yet there was nothing that could've been done. Besides the screaming, one thing I heard from the Alpha was, "One day, somebody will save our souls."

I went to the kitchen and grabbed the sharpest knife I had. I washed my hands before sitting back down. I stared at my hand for a few minutes. I could just give up now, but I'd regret it for the rest of my life, I know it. I made an X symbol with my finger on my hand and swallowed it, swallowing all my fears along with it.

I brought the knife I to my palm and sliced it. It bleed fast. I open the veil quickly and slowly poured the blood onto my self-inflicted wound. It stung as soon as it touched me, I growled loudly. "No, I have to keep going," I gritted my teeth. Once the veil was empty, my muscles were tense.

I lied back onto the couch panting like a puppy on a hot summer day. "I hope, hope this works," it was like I was begging my body to accept the Alpha blood.

My eye suddenly felt heavy, as well as my breath. This couldn't kill me, could it?

~•~

My eyes slowly opened, everything was blurry for a moment before everything seemed clearer. I looked down at my hand, it was fully healed. Werewolves take a couple days to heal- but Alphas only take a few seconds. I grinned and got up quickly. "Whooo," too quickly I might add.

Am I dreaming? I held out my hand and slapped myself hard. Nope, not dreaming.

I rushed towards the bathroom. One thing I almost forgot was each Alpha had a special marking. When I looked at the mirror I immediately saw it, it was a rose with vines and thorns around it and in the very back was a full moon. "So gorgeous.." I smiled.

This is good, everything is working out, now just to fill out the paper.

I went to my room and plopped onto the bed with the letter in my hands. I opened it back up and got a pen.
Pack Name: Howlers.
Alpha: Fluffy
Luna: x
Offspring: x
Number of People in Pack: 1

I frowned when I remembered I'm the only one in this pack anymore. A lightbulb lit up when I thought that maybe I could get people to join, just enough to make me not look like a joke and like a real pack.

The problem is how would I do that? I guess that's my chore for today.

Maybe I could go find some rogues, but most of them are mean. I was the only nice person in my family, the rest were savage. That'd be hard to tame to be a pack member. Another thing I could do is going into a town and look for werewolves that don't want to be in their pack, but that might get me in trouble with that pack... god this so hard!

You know what, I'm going to roll with it and go into town. I need to learn to communicate if I'm going to that Alpha meeting, because I know I haven't spoken to anybody else since my family.

Also, I might as well get cloths while I'm there. I'm presuming everything here is out of date and tacky. I wonder what the new styles look like.

I went back to the living room and picked up five thousand off of the table. I didn't know if things got real expensive in this day and age.

Now, where is a town? I remembered a large map inside the library. I headed there and looked up at it. The X marked where this manor was, the closest town was Groundsville. From what I could tell, it was about twenty miles away. I could make it today, you know what, I will.

My adrenaline was overpowered today, probably because I'm an Alpha now. I'll need to learn how to control it before I make a mess of myself.

I went back upstairs and into my room to change into some decent clothing, right now I was wearing a night gown. I looked through the closet, which I gathered some cloths from the other rooms and put into it. I needed at least something to wear. I picked out a short, black and white, polka dotted dress with a red bow and band that went around the stomach area.

Hopefully I don't make a fool of myself, because I know I'm not like everybody else.