Chapter XIX • Who Rises

"What do you want to talk about Alpha Zane?" Alpha Wyatt asks me as we walk into the forest. It was dark on the forest floor, even though it was only three in the afternoon.

"Just, something. Here works," I sit on a log, sighing.

I want to tell him I'm a girl, but I feel that I dug a hole that I can't get out of, but if I keep going I won't be able to see the sun anymore. The physical fighting is over, but now it's the mental fight that's waiting for me. On my journey to find the cure for Elldentradion, I have made friends and maybe an alliance. There's more to life than one journey. So many buts, I doubt myself too much.

"Okay," I bite my lip out of nervousness, "I need to tell you that-"

"I'm sorry to interrupt, but there's some trouble in the air," Alpha Wyatt growls.

I take a sniff and notice the familiar scent of rogue. Not now! I just gained the confidence to tell my mate I'm a girl. What type of crap is this?

"I'm going to take care of them, care to join me?" Alpha Wyatt asks, taking his top off. He was going to shift and hunt them down.

I wasn't too interested in killing rogues, I'll see if they're worth giving a chance. "Sure," I tell him, going behind a tree to toss everything off and shift once again. My leg was still bleeding, and shifting just made it worse. It won't bother me for awhile.

'Maybe you should stay back Zane, your leg,' Alpha Wyatt mind links as he walks up to me. His wolf was greatly taller than mine.

I shake my head, 'No, now let's go,' I urge him. I start walking when a body lands on top of mine.

Alpha Wyatt growls lightly, 'Stay behind!' he demands. Mr Alpha is getting cranky, eh? Well, I guess he will get even worse when I do this.

I let out an ear piercing growl, stunning my mate. He freezes and I push him off, making sure to dash towards the rogue scent. He could try and be as controlling as he wants, but he's forgetting he isn't the only Alpha around here.

'What the hell?' Alpha Wyatt shouts through our mind line, 'Im trying to keep you safe! At least don't fight them till I get there!' He sounded serious, but so was I.

The smell soon got stronger and stronger, they were less than a mile away and they seemed to be not moving at all or their smell direction would be constantly changing.

I soon approached a clearing with about ten wolves in the middle of it. I froze, that was a big number, and I didn't bring my weapon bag. I couldn't take them on unless they were all pups.

Their heads snapped up and they looked around. Being a white wolf, it was pretty obvious when I was spotted. Though when they saw me, they didn't do anything. They just lied together, peacefully.

I walk out towards them, carefully. This has to happen now. If Alpha Wyatt was here he would spare no mercy for them, unlike me. As a mate, he was probably the polar opposite of me, besides the Alpha thing and stubbornness.

'Excuse me, but you're on a pack's territory,' I mind link them all. Only Alphas had this ability, it was quite useful. Imagine mind linking every single person in a large pack of a thousand.

'We are, they let us,' the tan wolf replies. They? I know Alpha Wyatt wouldn't let them stay here- maybe. I take whiff of the air and smell another pack I didn't know of. They must be on the border.