Chapter XVII • Let It Begin!

I sat on the edge of my bed, wrapping my hands as I prepared for what's coming today. Last week while I was in the hospital I challenged my mate, Alpha Wyatt, to a battle. What was on stake wasn't much, till my Beta decided to make a bet with Alpha Moon. If I lose him because of this, I'm going to feel awful. He has so much faith in me.

I get up and stretch my aching bones, last night I didn't sleep well. All of this worries me. I'm a fool for doing this.

I walk down the creaky, old maplewood stairs. "You ready Damien?" I shout. My ears perk up when I hear footsteps running down the stairs.

"Yup," he says as he puts on his brand name shoes.

We hop in his truck and head to Alpha Wyatt's territory, honestly, I don't even know pack he runs. The car ride was silent, besides asking to stop for bathroom breaks. It was a long ride, about six hours. I even took a nap.

"Fluffy," I grumble, hearing Damien's voice. "Wake up." I shake my head no. I soon can't breathe and I open my eyes wide- Damien pinched my nose.

I growl, "Meanie," I snatch him beanie and toss it on. Once I did that, I looked up and saw a pack house, it looked a bit familiar. Maybe I've been past here on my journeys. I wouldn't be too surprised.

I get out and grab my gear out of the back, which consisted of non-lethal chemicals. "Let's go and get this over with," I tell Damien, he nods and walks behind me as we go to the pack house.

Alpha Moon was already here. I wasn't too happy with him making that bet so our alliance hasn't been made yet. Once this was over I would consider it. Alliances makes packs stronger, but it can also cause a downfall field both of them if they don't play their cards right.

Damien knocks on the front door, loudly. I cross my arms, letting out a stressed sigh. Now or ever, now or never, I repeat in my head. "This is now or never."

The door opens and we were greeted by a girl in a maid suit. "Are you the Alpha of the Howler Pack?" she asks looking at Damien.

"No, I am," I speak up. My eyes darkened a bit, I was getting frustrated and I wasn't even in battle yet.

To think of it, this is my first real fight- ever. I never got attacked as a rogue. They tried, but I fled.

She rolls her eyes and motions us to follow her. How rude.

We enter the entrance hall, which was quite a bit small than mine. Architecture changes over the years, and simplifying things, was cheaper. The Howler Manor probably would cost millions in today's money.

"Ah, Alpha Zane," Alpha Wyatt walks in with his hands in his jeans pockets. He was dressed up in a men's blouse and jean shorts, his hair was also a bit messy. "Welcome to the Rose Pack! Cool, isn't it?" I holds up his hand, referring to his cheap entrance quarters.

I look around again, "No, the words Id use is cheap and ugly," I put my hands on my hip. His eyes darken and he spins around.

"Follow me."

We follow him through the whole house and out the back door. We could've just gone around, but I felt he wanted to show off. If he ever came to my place, he's die of a heart attack because it's so glorious.

"Here, is where we shall fight." Alpha Wyatt says. I walk up next to him and see a big ring, even a tree inside it. "What's this?" he asks, pointing to my weapon bag.

I push it behind me, "In my pack we fight in both our human and wolf forms. Humans are weaker and this-" I pat my bag, "Makes up for it. Don't worry, I didn't bring lethal ones, but it sure as hell is going to hurt." I smirk, placing my hands together. I knew I was taking it a bit far, but I can't stop myself.

"Oh hey guys!" I hear a voice shout, a bit muffled. Alpha Moon ran up to us, his mouth full of Cheetos. He swallows the rest of them, thankfully. "Welcome to the Rose Pack."

Damien crosses his arms, he was taking this seriously. "When is this going to start?" he asks Alpha Wyatt, getting straight to the point. Good idea, I didn't want to linger around here for long.

"In ten minutes, or is that too soon little alpha?" Alpha Wyatt says.

"Let's go," I tell him, calling me a little alpha was a bit irritating. Let's just transfer that into anger and I might be able to win.

Alpha Wyatt enters the ring and I follow. My plan is to stay in my human form, I didn't want to shift. My wolf smelt like rogue. As long as Damien has been with me, he hasn't seen my wolf during training.

"Okay," and older gentleman walks around the edge of the ring. "No killing,  when the bell rings, go." I nod, popping my knuckles.

Time went by slowly as we waited for the bell to ring, I was startled when it did ring. Alpha Wyatt charged towards me and I hopped to the side. The tree in this ring was going to be a of use to me.

He follows me and goes for a tackle, I smirk and hop, making sure to land hard when I went down. He grunted as he hit the dirt at full force. I got off before he could flip over and grab my feet.

My right hand was in my bag, ready for when he was going to get back up. I wasn't prepared when it started, but now I am.

Alpha Wyatt gets up quickly and cracks his neck, with a dark smirk. I gulped and prepared myself.

He stood still, not moving an inch. It was my turn to make the first move. I walked around the ring, his eyes following me closely. He was determined. I knew he still saw me as weak, but within the next minute I was going to prove him wrong.

I smile, only a few feet away from him. If he strikes now, I could lose if I didn't react properly. I get the potion out of my bag and toss it up in the air, "Let's play a little game." I toss it at him, he tries to avoid it, but he didn't know this one didn't need a direct hit to work. I sprinted away, I didn't want to hit myself.

When he growled loudly, I knew it had worked.