Chapter XXXIV • The New Alpha In Town

I look at everybody standing behind me, the large crowd of people, well over a thousand. Today was the day I became Alpha again, and let me just say, everybody took it seriously. My brothers, my mate, and even Wyatt let anybody who wanted to come today, come. And now, I'm standing before these strangers, well, besides the Alphas I met at the Alpha meeting. Every single one of them, including my ex- mate. He seemed happy with his new mate, I'm happy for him.

I stood tall, I was by the ballroom windows, which was raised off the ground for orchestras. My mate stood besides me with a microphone and the vile of alpha blood I put back.

"Today, we are here to return Poppy, or as some of you know, Zane or Fluffy, to her rightful position as the Alpha of the Howler Pack. The pack that was the start of all other packs. Sadly, over fifty years ago they were all killed by a rogue's bioweapon. We are now immune to this weapon, so do not worry. Anyways, the previous alpha of the pack left this vile of blood-" he holds up the vile and people stare in awe, "- for the next person to find it, to have and become Alpha once again. Poppy here was the first to find it. Now, let us commence!" he shouts and people began cheering for me.

I smile, knowing I had to cut the palm of my hand for this to work. My mate holds the knife to my palm and everybody goes silent, wanting to listen to my reaction. He looks at me and I nod, telling him I am ready for this.

He inhales deeply and quickly cut my palm, I wince. He quickly opens up the vile and mixes it with my blood.

Once he's done he raises my hand into the air, "Meet Alpha Poppy, Alpha of the Howler Pack and my mate!" he shouts. Some gaps could be heard, because some didn't know we were mates yet. I smile and look up at him, he looks back at me and pulls me close. This felt oddly familiar.

He leans in and kisses me softly, "Sorry, I couldn't wait," he whispered in my ear. I just smiled and kissed him back, which he looked a bit surprised. The cheers started erupting again.

We pull away and I turn beat red. I pick up the microphone off of the floor, "And in celebration of this historical day, let the ball commence!" I shout.

Some orchestra members loaded their gear up onto the stage and started playing ballroom music. I look up at my mate, who was wearing a nice tux, it was sexy, I had to admit.

I wore a gothic, black and white dress that belonged to the last Luna. She wore it during the last ball they had before being attacked. I wore it out of respect, and the fact it was gorgeous.

"You look beautiful," my mate, leans down to whisper in my ear as we danced around the ballroom. I learned to dance during my free time, and it seemed he knew how to dance as well.

"Why thank you handsome sir," I reply, twirling around.

When I facing my mate again he was smiling and smile that'd I've never seen before. It held hope, honesty, and most of, love.

When we had to switch partners I ended up with Alpha Wyatt, for most of the second song. I felt awkward. That was- until he spoke up.

"I'm sorry Fluffy," I look up at him, wondering what he was aiming at. "I'm sorry for treating you bad as a mate. Even if you were and guy I should've treated you better."

I let out a sigh, "I'm sorry for playing that trick on you. I regret it."

"Don't, we wouldn't be with our second mates now if that hadn't had happened. It seemed like fate found us better with our second mates. I always knew Moon had a thing for you, it's always been in his eyes," he smiles.