Chapter XXIX • History Repeats Itself

I let out a small sigh, standing in front of the empty manor.

Empty. Just like how it was when I first came here many years ago as a little girl. How I wish times were that simple again.

The exterior of the house was starting to fall apart. I haven't been here for so long and time was taking its toll, sadly. I wanted this place to be my forever home, but I couldn't stay here.

I've made friends and found my family, but... this damn sickness, if it spreads, it'll all be my fault. I wouldn't leave, if I had only been healthy.

Everybody knows that I'm resigning as Alpha, leaving the Howler Pack abandoned once again. Most thought I was sticking around though, but no, I needed to leave. I didn't want to risk anything, or anyone.

I shut my eyes, listening to the wind breeze by me. I'm glad that I had met Alpha Moon. He was a bit of trouble at first, but I felt like he became my friend afterwards and that is what means a lot to me. I will never forget him and I hope he enjoys his time with his mate. At one point, I wished he was my mate.

I'm also happy to have met Damien. I wouldn't be an Alpha if I hadn't met him. I wish he could've stayed in my pack, but that would've been selfish of me. He wanted to stick with his mate and so, he made his choice. I don't hate him for it.

Mates. The one word that didn't give me happiness as it should've. I had found my mate at the Alpha Council meeting long ago, and he thought I was a girl for a long time. This led to him hating me, and the started of the stress. It's all my fault I had to do this, from such a small deed. I guess I'm happy that he found his second mate, even though we have a small bond left. It'll go away once him and his mate officially mate. It'll feel like hell to me, but it'll be worth it.

And finally, my brothers, Xavier and Xander. Long ago, I thought they had died from Elldentradion, but they had survived and become Alphas. Just like me, what an odd coincidence. I never thought of that, seems like fate wanted to play a game with my life.

I bit my lip, turning away from the manor, silently saying one last goodbye. My backpack bounced against my back as I ran through the forest. I let my headphones dangle, all I wanted was peace and quiet.

Nobody supported my decision to leave when I brought it up. My brothers even said they'd lock me up to keep me close to them. Sadly, this is something I have to do. I didn't bother leaving any notes, they all know how I feel about everything.

I do have to say this, I'm going to miss everything that had happened in the past months. Time flies too fast.

At first, I was just on a quest to find a cure for Elldentradion so other people wouldn't have to suffer like my family. Then I met Alpha Moon and Damien, and my path seemed to change directions.

Now, I'm going back to my original path, finding the cure for Elldentradion. One thing is different this time, I'm doing it for me. I don't want to die an early death, I want to live and maybe see the people I love once again. I don't care how long it will take, I will do it!

I look up at the darkening sky, I've been running for about seven hours now without hardly realizing it. I guess your thoughts take you far.

I let out a sigh and sit down on a rotting log. Mosquitoes bit at my skin and I growled them away. Such a pain in my ass.

Soon enough, it was dark out. The full moon was out and I decided to pay my respect. I shift into my fluffy, white wolf and stare up at the moon, making a wish.

I wish all goes well, and misfortune will vanish.

I let out a loud howl that lasted no more than a minute. Moon goddess, I trust you will do the right thing. I trust you with my life.

I curl up into a ball around my backpack and shut my eyes, feeling sleepy. My body shivered slightly as the wind hit my fur. As fluffy as I am, I got cold easily with the wind.

As I fell asleep, I had one thought left.
I'm back to being a rogue.

~•~

I woke up to twilight. I got up, shaking the dirt off of my fur. One thing I always hated sleeping on the dirty forest floor. White fur and brown dirt doesn't go well together. Hopefully I am able to find a river and bathe myself. I probably smelt like cow shit.

I stayed in my wolf form as I walked about, not knowing where I was going. That was the life of a rogue, keep going till you drop. If you stay in one place you're more likely to be found. I got lucky and found the Howler manor, which hardly anybody knew where it was.

My nose perks up when I smell a berry bush. My tail wagged slightly as my stomach growled, forcing me to follow the scent. It was oddly familiar.

I looked up and saw a patch of bushes, I smiled and began eating the berries, including some stems. I was extremely hungry from yesterday's running and this was heaven.

Once my belly was full I lied by the bushes. This place did feel familiar, but from where?

I shot up and walked West, something told me to. Like my wolf was wanting out, the wolf I was unable to speak to.

I ran by trees at full speed, avoiding them all swiftly.

My feet came to stop when I entered a clearing. What was so special that I had to come here? I take a sniff of the air and pause. I follow my nose and look down at my feet.

Bones. Werewolf bones of two.

This place wasn't new. This was my old home. The place I left so long ago.

~•~

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! As I promised early this morning I'd update. I know it's a few minutes past midnight, so I'm sorry. Anyways, stay tuned. This story has about ten to fifteen chapter left before it ends.

Also, thank you for 20k reads! Like holly cow crap, I would never think this would happen in my dearest dreams. And like 1.2k likes, DAYUM. Thank you all for coming this far!