Chapter XX • An Eventful Day

After being taken to the pack doctor, he gave me the funniest look when I told him I was an Alpha. Nothing a little money couldn't handle to keep his mouth shut. Now me and Alpha Wyatt were in the twin's office.

"So we can see that you aren't pleased with us Alpha Wyatt," one of them says. I didn't know their names, or which would be which. "What can we do to maybe gain an alliance?"

Alpha Wyatt frowns, he didn't want to be alliances with rogue collectors, it wasn't that hard to tell. "No, I will never be alliance with you," he straight up says. He's acting like harsh, like when I bumped into him at the Alpha meeting. The only time I saw him go soft was when I tripped over my injured leg.

"Well, isn't that disappointing, if you won't side with us I'll guess we will have to be enemies," they smile, tilting their heads slightly. They were playing a game, a dangerous one at that.

I gulped, "Fighting the Rose Pack would be pathetic just because you didn't get what you want." they turn to face me, or the top of my head. The desk is tall, the chair is short, it doesn't work well for me. "You can't make alliances like that."

One raises an eyebrow, "Oh yes, Alpha Zane, almost forgot you were here." I roll my eyes. "Let us introduce ourselves, I'm Conner," the left one says. "And I'm Cere," the right one says. "And we rule the Midnight Pack, we took over not too long ago."

I nod, "I'm Alpha Zane of the Howler Pack," I hold out my hand. I knew they knew this, but it was a proper introduction. They take turns and shake my hand.

"If the Rose Pack would loath being our alliance, would you like be in an alliance with us?" they ask together.

"You can't pin that on him," Alpha Wyatt growls, standing up. I look at him curiously, what did he mean?

"Why not?" Conner asks, frowning. He didn't want Alpha Wyatt to interrupt.

"Because he just became Alpha less than four months ago!" he shouts, gripping the desk beneath him. His knuckles were turning white. We may not get along, but this was the mate bond pulling him in, it was the perfect chance.

The twins look at each other, "We only became Alpha a couple months ago, but we had no intention of going to the meeting." Then they look back at me and I shy away, "We don't see a problem with that."

"Okay, whatever," Alpha Wyatt growls heading towards the door. I sigh and slide down the chair, he just left me with two Alphas I didn't know. What a wonderful mate, freaking jerk. I started getting anxious.

The two Alphas look at me seriously, "So why do you lie to your mate about being a guy," they ask together. I remove my hat and groan, I didn't feel like wearing it anyways.

"He hated me at first, saying he didn't want me because I was a guy. It hurt and now he's got to deal with it," I tell them. It didn't make much sense, but they still nodding in understanding.

The room soon went silent and I looked at them, they were mind linking. I bit my lip, I wonder what they were talking about.

"Alpha, what's your real name?" Cere asks me, I shot up, a bit startled.

"Fluffy, well, I don't remember my real name," I tell them, closing my eyes. The longer I'm Alpha the more people found out about me.

My name was lost to the fire in my mind.

"Excuse me, but may we take a quick look at you?" they asks.

"Sure?" I say unsure. What did they mean by a quick look? Hopefully not what I think. Why did I say sure? It so stupid.

I hold in my breath as they get up and go behind me. I freeze, shivering slightly. They part my hair away from my neck, I stayed still, panicking in the inside. I may be an Alpha, but the old me was still a part of me.

"Oh my god," they say in unison.

"Conner, do you see this?"

"Yes I do, Cere."

I shut my eyes tightly, "Excuse me, but what do you see?" I ask them.

"Poppy!" They hug me tightly. I was confused, until I slowly remembered.

"Poppy, come play with us," Xander and Xavier say as they lied in the sand by the river. My parents looked at me and smiled.

"Come on little sister!"

"Xavier, Xander!" I hug them back. Tears fell down my face. They survived, they didn't die that day.

"Conner! You're Xavier, she remembered our names when we didn't!" Cere, or shall I say Xander cried.

"I can't believe this," they pull away from me, "We are never leaving you again."

I smiled, "I can't believe it either. How did you two survive? You were in so much pain.." I remember their flesh burning and I shook my head. Not now was the time to remember that, but it was true.

They sigh and sit down on the floor, I join them, sitting on Xavier's lap like I used to. "We hardly did," Xander says, taking off his shirt. I could see the scars that happened over ten years ago. I run my finger down it, his body was covered in them. I knew the same is for Xavier too.

"I-I'm sorry for leaving," I start to sob. I felt so bad, I left them. I should've stayed, we could've been together for all these years.

"Shh," Xavier rubbed my arms. "Poppy, if you would've stayed, you would've died. We were extremely strong back then, but we suffered serious damage. We forgot our names and most of our memories, except you," he hugs me, placing his head on top of mine.

"Yes, we thought you had died. We tried to look for you, but you weren't in sight," Xander says, looking at me sadly.

"Well, we have each other now." I tell them, smiling lightly, "We are no longer in the past brothers. And guess what, of we hadn't split, I wouldn't be an Alpha."

"Nor would we be sister," they say together. I glance curiously, "We killed the last Alpha this pack because he was abusive. One day we saw him hitting a small girl that reminded us of you when you little and it just drove us to do it. We didn't know we would become Alphas until the Beta told us whomever kills the Alpha becomes the new Alpha."

I nod understanding, I was about to speak when my stomach growled loudly. I blush wrap my arms around myself, this was embarrassing.

"How about we go get food and then talk some more?" Xander recommends. I nod in agreement and we get off of the floor.

I open the office door to see a figure loom over me. "So Mr Alpha," I look up to see Alpha Wyatt with his arms crossed, his fingers tapping his arm.

•••

OH MY GOAHD. This story has so many reads and has more likes than any other story I've wrote combined! *Faints* I also hoped you enjoyed the little twist ;) I wonder who's the bad guy in this story.