Part 78

“YEEEHAH!” screamed Sid as he flew through the gaping hole in the loading bay door and piled into some goblins who had just entered the building. “I’ve missed bashing goblins.”

Biggs was right behind him, “When was the last time we bashed some goblins together?” he asked.

“Cannae remember,” replied Sid as he bashed two goblins heads together. The goblins were fine because they had helmets on so he took the helmets off and bashed them unconscious.

Alf used his gauntlet blasts to knock out three more, “Was it in The Sitting Duck?”

“Probably The Crying Pennant,” said Lee as he grabbed another two round their necks then threw them outside into the water.

“What riveting quips,” commented Trelainne, “I thought they’d be funnier at this point in the book.”

“Hang on,” said Sid as he pushed another two out into the water and thought of something funny. “They went with a splash.”

“You watered that one down a bit didn’t you?” thought Biggs.

“At least I can honestly say that even though this is a spy novel, in the romance dimension, that nobody has been waterboarded.”

Arianne and Trelainne looked back at him while dealing with two more goblins, “That’s not in good taste Sid,” said Arianne.

“You should have said that at least nobody has been tortured with water biscuits,” suggested Trelainne.

“Aww,” groaned Sid, “I hope it gets cut from the final draft then. I don’t want the Author getting into trouble.”