Part 61

“Go on then. How long will you be?”

“Well if I return here before we had this conversation then I will be minus two minutes.”

“No causing any paradoxes, I’ll give you plus five minutes.”

Biggs picked up his pouch of ancient Roman coins, twiddled the dials on his IWT and vanished into time.

“What am I going to do for the next five minutes?” I wondered. Then I went to stick a tile on the bathroom wall.

“See I told you I’d only be five minutes,” grinned Biggs.

“You did, now let’s get on with the main story, you need to let the others know.”

Biggs picked up his phone and dialled Arianne who was at the top of his list.

A few dingles later and she answered, “Hello is that you Biggs?”

“Yes Arianne, Arthur’s been captured and we need to rescue him.”

“It’s about time. Do I get in my zoot suit or my battlesuit, how are we getting there?”

“I was thinking of taking the number 9 bus. It goes straight past Skull Island.”

“Have you been drinking? If the number 9 bus did go past Skull Island then it would take about twelve hours and would have to fly.”

“It does, and I haven’t been drinking.”

“What are you on then?”

“A stool?”

“How can a number 9 bus get to Skull Island?”

“Well it’s part of the surreal bus line.”

“That makes stops in the romance dimension?”