Part 72

It took them 12 hours to get back to London the capital of the Britannic empire. At one time the empire had covered one fifth of the heart’s surface. But now the empire consisted of Canada, Australasia and a string of smaller colonies who still owed allegiance to the Britannic crown.

Flying down to the docking area the girls, With and Lee dropped Fiona off at the loading bay doors. They then flew up to the main entrance to meet Arthur and the others. “Have you got your key card Biggs?” Arthur asked, “I seem to have misplaced mine.”

“Lose your head if it wasn’t attached,” quipped Biggs as he scanned his key card.

They all passed through the doors. An alarm went off. A guard came over.

“Excuse me sir but could I see your key card please?” the guard asked Arthur.

“Oh fiddlesticks,” sighed Arthur, “I think I may have had it stolen by some Varangians.”

“Hands on the wall please, spread your legs.”

“But you must know me, I’m King Arthur.”

“You could be a shape changer.”

“I’m a shape changer,” beamed Fawh.

“Key card?” the guard asked Fawh.

Fawh flashed his key card.

“That’s fine sir, you may go in.”

“How come you’re letting him in?” inquired Arthur.

“He has a key card sir, which you do not,” said the guard as he frisked Arthur.

“Friskeeeeeeee!” wibbled Sid as he too passed by waving his key card.