Part 73

“Can you contact N, he will vouch for me?” Arthur asked the guard as he tried to show his best indignant face.

“N is in a meeting at the moment, you will have to see him later but for now I will have to take you up to the holding cells.”

“The ones in the tower?”

“Yes.”

Arianne whispered to Trelainne, “I might have to rescue him from the tower. If he grows his blonde hair long enough over time I could climb up it to rescue him.”

“Oh Rapunzell, Rapunzell let down your hair,” joked Trelainne.

“Or ‘Arthur, Arthur let down your beard’.”

“Not by the hair on my chinny chin chin,” whined Arthur as he was led to the tower.

“I don’t know why we couldn’t vouch for him,” wondered Sid, “maybe the Author is going to do something special with him?”

They were all in the refectory drinking tea and coffee still dressed in their battlesuits waiting to be debriefed.

“I don’t like debriefing in public,” said With, “it’s so personal.”

“Stop moanin’ ye big wuss,” chelped Sid.

“So do you think the book is finished?” Lee asked Biggs.

“Rescued the love struck drone and Arthur and helped to blow up Skull Island, pacific paradise of Puffgarden, I think it is,” replied Biggs.

“But it’s not twelve chapters yet,” noted Arianne.

“What?” said Biggs rather rudely, it’s a good job Arthur wasn’t there or he would have told him to say pardon instead.