Part 58

Flying towards the nose hole/nostril were Sid and Arthur. As they looked below they saw giant blast doors closing over Fiona.

“Blast doors!” exclaimed Sid.

“We are going to have to think this one through Sid. Do you want to land somewhere?”

Looking down Sid then proceeded to land in a spot he deemed was safe.

“Is it safe?” asked Arthur as he got off Sid’s back and stepped, unknowingly, on a pressure sensor. (What one of those was doing in such a random place only the Author knows.)

They both switched their phasic devices off.

“Now then,” began the king, “if we cannot go down the nose hole then we need to access the base in a different way. It’s a pity we couldn’t use a giant bottle of Vicks nasal spray.”

“I could fly around to see where they come out of when the nostril’s closed.”

“I will scout around here, if I find anything I’ll ring your comm. System. Is it the same number?”

“Noo, I got a cheaper deal with Burglem Telecom.” He pressed some buttons wrist and read a readout, “0795282828.”

Arthur dialled it into his phone and spoke the numbers slowly as he did it, “0795282828. You should have really let me know about your change of number before we started the mission.”

“I didn’t know I was going on a mission with you. If you had had your suit then comms would have been patched straight through.”