Part 71

Arianne and Trelainne had found Fiona and were trying to find the button to open the blast doors on the nose hole.

“Is this it?” thought Trelainne as she pressed a button marked with the phrase ‘Nasal Blast Doors.’

“I wonder if they have a giant hanky for when they have a nasal blast?” wondered Arianne as the nasal blast doors opened.

“Can you fly Fiona?” asked Trelainne.

Fiona was silent, as silent as a butterfly in a cotton wool factory.

“We are going to have to carry her out of here. Do you think the jets on our battlesuits will have enough thrust?” asked Arianne.

“Only one way to find out,” said Trelainne as she grabbed Fiona’s nose cone, “come on, you grab the tail.”

They both started to try to fly up.

With and Lee entered, “Want some help?” asked Lee as he took one wing and With took the other.

The combined flying power from four battlesuits was enough to move her. Gradually lifting from the floor they were able to hover up and out of the nose hole. Not far behind them Sid and Biggs flew Arthur out. Fawh exited at a pterodactyl.

They decided to land on the road, “If the base goes up then does the island go up as well?” asked Lee.

“With those nuclear ICBM’s anything could happen.”

Just then Fiona spoke, “Have you rescued me?”

“Yes,” said Arthur, “you need to follow us back to TCHQ.”

“Lead away,” she replied.

Arthur got on Sid’s back again and the group flew as fast as they could away from the island hoping not to be caught in a nuclear explosion.