Part 16

He then picked out a set of long johns, “100 Markkas please.”

“But if you are a Britannic agent should you not give them to me?”

“Strict instructions from N, you have to pay for everything. Something to do with your devastating clumsiness.”

Arthur got his credit card out.

“Ooh,” exclaimed Sid, “can I have some sweets as well? I love Finnish chocolate and I can’t get my change out, being in my battlesuit.”

“Alright,” grumbled Arthur.

“And an ‘I’ve been to Helsinki’ sticker for the back of my battlesuit.”

“you are lucky we do not have to get sponsorship deals, you would have logos all over.”

“All over logos,” thought Sid, “sounds like… “

He didn’t come up with anything.

“What’s the matter Sid?” I asked, “are you stuck for a witticism?”

“Well, I don’t know what all over logos does sound like. It sounded like you wanted a good punch line but nothing materialised.”

“You haven’t lost your mojo?” I asked, “We are near the beginning of the book, I can’t have one of the funniest characters losing his mojo.”

“That means you think…” began Arthur.

“Shut up Arthur,” I said, angrily, “this could be potentially serious.”

“You still have me,” said Arthur, who was now a little hurt.”

“I am sorry Arthur, I shouldn’t have snapped. I am just concerned about Sid.” I spoke then to Sid, “Do you need some Sid pills Sid?”

“Naw, I don’t take Sid pills anymore. That was just in a piece of flash fiction, I don’t want to get addicted to them. They may have side effects.”