Chapter Twenty- Six- Phone Call

It was early the next morning when Wenny felt a large hand shaking her from her sleep. She opened her eyes to see Payton leaning over her, and she frowned at him, wanting to bite at the hand left on her shoulder until she noticed the annoying and loud noise of her ringtone.

Wenny's phone was going crazy on the bedside besides her head. She tore herself away, regrettably, from the warm and comfortable position she was in; nestled into Payton's chest, checking the caller ID. She rolled her eyes as she read the name on the screen.

"Morning Brother." She said groggily, sighing tiredly.

"Wednesday Emily Styles! Where the hell are you?" Anne wailed into the phone. Wenny sat up hurriedly, her posture stiff, scared that she was soon to get the yelling of a lifetime.

"Mum...I'm with Payton..." She replied hesitantly. Payton opened her eyes to Wenny, hearing the almost nervousness in her voice. He could hear the faint sound of an angry Anne on the line, and his eyes closed lazily again.

"You took my car." Anne said frustrated. "I'm guessing you've worked things out with Payton, and I'm glad, but how am I supposed to get to work tomorrow?"

Wenny bit her lip, struggling to find an excuse for her idiotic behaviour. She had been so determined to get back to London that she hadn't thought logical about what she was doing.

"I'll buy you a new one, Mum." Wenny heard her brother say on the other end of the line. "It's about time you got rid of that rust bucket anyway.

"Hey!" She exclaimed. "Percy isn't a rust bucket.”

Wenny was struggling to hold back a chuckle, because she knew her mother was annoyed with her. “You gave your car a name?” she giggled.

“Yes.” Anne replied curtly. “Got a problem with that?”

Wenny sobered up hearing the seriousness in her mother’s voice.

“Mum, you’ve had the car even before Wen and I were born. The things a dinosaur; I think it’s time you got rid of it.” Harry continued to persuade their mother, and Wenny made a sound of agreement. She had experienced, first hand, just how annoying the car had been to drive with the previous night.

“Look. That car has been in this family through everything. The two of you were even born in it. I am not giving up Percy.” Anne finalised, crossing her arms stubbornly. She now understood where her daughter got it from.

Wenny rolled her eyes at the mention of the conditions of her birth. I was true, Wenny and Harry had unfortunately been born in the car, Percy. “Well maybe if we had been born in a hospital then Harry would have fewer problems.” Wenny teased, trying to lighten her mother’s mood, and succeeded when she heard Anne laugh, being fully aware that Harry wasn’t able to hear what his sister had just said.

“Oh, Wenny,” Anne chuckled. “That’s not nice. He doesn’t have that many problems; just sleeping naked.”  

Harry perked up at the one way conversation he was hearing through his mother. “Who has problems? Who are you talking about?”

Anne ignored his son, waving a hand in his direction where he was sitting at the breakfast table, and continued to laugh at her daughter.

“Are you planning on doing anything today?” Anne asked when she finally stopped joking around.

Wenny took a few seconds to think, and even asked the half-asleep Payton the same question, with a reply of a short grunt, before answering Anne’s question with a ‘no’.

Beaming, Anne made agreements to fly back to London so they could spend some time there. She figured that both Wenny and Harry would be more comfortable in an area where they were close to their managers, as well as their lovers; Harry had been dying to see Ella even since they left London a week ago, but were also able to see their mother at the same time.

Wenny agreed, flopping back into the cushions, asking if her brother if she could pack her clothes and bring them back with him. The two said their goodbyes, with promises to see each other later, before hanging up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know its only short, and I know you'll probably hate me for not updating in ages, but I've finished the last chapter, and it WILL be the next one!

Love Always,

BekaFisher