Chapter Nineteen- Yes

I think you guys are going to like this chapter :D

Chapter Nineteen- Yes

As the words left Wenny’s lips, a huge smile slapped across Payton’s face, and he almost fell over in his midst of a happy dance. He steadied himself, praying that Wenny and Niall hadn’t heard him, but he caught sight of Niall standing. Wenny looked up at him, staying in her position on the floor.

“Wenny I can already tell you’re a tests the water kind of person. You check the depth before you drive in.” Niall told her, and Payton nodded with agreement.

“Because it’s the logical thing to do; who wants to get hurt?” Wenny replied 

“That’s true, but sometimes, when it comes to being in a relationship, it’s not. Sure, you and Payton may not work out in the long run, but, as you said, you owe it to yourselves to try. Just try.” Niall encouraged, and a thoughtful look came over the girl’s face.

“Are you coming?” Niall asked, referring to returning to the dressing room.

“No, I think I might sit here for a while. I need to think a few things threw.” She replied, and Niall nodded, making his way to Payton’s direction. Payton stiffened, and quickly turned on his heels, and ran away, back to the dressing room, as fast as he could, in a panicked frenzy, again almost tripping in his haste. To say that Payton was the most coordinated person would be a tremendous lie. 

Racing down the halls, his shoes slapped on the hard floors, and when Payton entered the room, everybody looked up at him. He flung himself over the small coffee table, landing very ungracefully in the leather couch. Swiping his phone out of his front pocket he struggled to get past the lock screen, trying to make himself look busy, for when Niall entered the room; which was only seconds later.

Niall paused just outside the door, trying to wipe the smug smile off his face. He knew Payton had been listening, he found out when he heard a whispered curse after he had fallen over something. Niall had tried so hard not to burst out laughing while he was with Wenny, purely for the fact that it’d give everything away.

When he finally entered the room, everybody’s eyes were glancing at Payton questionably, but turned to his when he came into view. Niall’s smile almost slipped through again when he saw the sprawled out Payton who was obviously trying to look busy on his phone. Niall wasn’t dumb; he could hear Payton’s shoes running through the halls.

“Where have you been, Nialler?” Harry asked darkly, worried for his sister. “Where’s Wenny?”

The rest of the room, suddenly stopped, hearing Harry’s protective tone, and glanced at him, waiting for his response.

“Wenny’s having a look around the stage. You know, breaking it in for her first concert.” Niall explained, referring to her little song.

“Maybe I should check on her.” Harry mumbled, unwinding his arms from around his girlfriend, beginning to head towards the door.

Ella glanced after Harry annoyed. She had been slightly troubled about how much he revolved around his sister, and not her. Sure, Wenny was his sister, but Ella was his girlfriend. Surely Wenny wanted her space from Harry, and Ella was happy with his company. Niall caught Ella’s look, one that Harry hadn’t seen, and spoke up.

“Actually, she asked for Payton.” Niall stopped his bandmate from advancing any further. Harry frowned, and Payton looked away from his phone, breaking his charade, knowing that Niall wasn’t exactly telling the truth.

Harry moved back to Ella, a troubled look over his face. Ella seemed happier now that she knew he wasn’t going anywhere. Payton stood from the couch, tucking his phone back into his jeans pocket.