Chapter Thirteen- Lunch Gone Cold

GIF ON SIDE OF HAZZBEAR! ------------>

Chapter Thirteen- Lunch Gone Cold

"So..." Wenny began, holding a fry in one hand, pushing her glasses up the bridge of her nose. Harry looked up at her from across the table, peering under the peak of the cap of the hat he was wearing over his curls. "What's it like being Harry Styles?" she asked. Harry laughed softly, looking down at his food on the plastic takeaway tray.

The two had spent the first half of the day shopping- the original plan- but Wenny hadn't expected that she'd enjoy herself so much, and Harry still couldn't fathom why his sister had agreed to even be near him, let alone veering herself closer to him when she though fans had discovered the two, which had been quite a regular occurrence. Harry knew she was safe. Paul and his boys made sure to stay close but to give the two their space to be by themselves.

Harry and Wenny had taken extra precautionary measures to make sure they weren't recognised, by hiding their most predominant features. Harry traded his bandanna he usually wore for a plan navy cap, and paired it with an oversized baseball sweater which he had gotten while he was on tour in the United States to cover his tattoos.

Wenny, on the other hand, had tied her long hair back in a high ponytail, instead of leaving it out and leaving her glasses that she usually wore for reading on the bridge of her nose, making her round almond shaped eyes stand out behind the black frame. She wore very basic clothing, a simple white t-shit with a neutral parker and a pair of old jeans, an outfit that wouldn't bring attention to her.

"Being Harry Styles is like what it used to be." Harry answered, referring to her question.

Wenny's eyes narrowed in thought. "Your definition of the way you used to be, and my definition are very different, Harold." She stated simply, taking a sip of her drink of McDonalds coke through the straw, which was really just lemonade with flavouring in it. She pulled a face at her beverage and placed it back on the table.

"Well, the person I became after you...left," he said shifting uncomfortably, wincing slightly at the word 'left'. "I've never wanted to change from that guy based on my success. I've always wanted to stay grounded, appreciative of the little things. I wanted to stay me." He confessed; keeping his eyes trained on the floor pattern of the large cafeteria.

Wenny's thoughtful expression came over her face again. She couldn't help but watch her brother, study him, because, even though they were twins, and Harry was supposed to be a lot like Wenny, which he was, she felt like she was looking at a stranger in Harry's body. Her memories were plagued by this face, this person, and yet, now the owner had a different personality all together; it was very fascinating and unnerving at the same time.

"What happened to you Harry?" Wenny asked, forgetting the food on her plate; she wasn't all that hungry anyway.

Harry looked up, across the table, a tiny crease etched between his two eyebrows. He understood what she meant, in a certain way, but he felt reluctant to answer. He couldn't go back down that road again, but he'd do it if it meant that Wenny would believe him, trust him, again.

"The day you left...things-...everything just went downhill. For me the change happened in different waves." Harry responded. Wenny noticed the glassy look that came over his eyes, and regarded it curiously. She could see the bottomless pit of suffering behind the long dark lashes that boarded the sea of green of his eyes.

"It started the day you left."

***

Wenny had reached the bottom landing, and pulled the old duffle bag from the closet; it was one of Dad's most favourite possessions from when he spent most of his free time camping before his business became successful. Harry paused at the top of the staircase, and saw her brushing her finger over the two tiny s's lovingly that represented our father's name, but snapped back to what she was doing when Harry spoke again.