Chapter Seventeen- Vertically Challenged

CUPCAKE------------------------>

Chapter Seventeen- Vertically Challenged

Liam, Zayn and Niall made their way to the change room that the five boys shared. It wasn't a long walk from the stage, to the room, a few twists and turns down the matching corridors. The three friends could still hear the crowd from where they were. Niall wondered if it was even remotely possible to get lost out the back of the O2.

In his defence, Niall thought the depressing grey and white colour scheme was in every hallway, so he figured it would happen often.

Niall's debating thoughts were cut off when a hand landed on his left shoulder, and a friendly chuckle echoed though the long hall.

"Where are you going, Nialler?" Liam asked his younger friend, inquiring about why he'd continued down the hall when they had already reached the dressing room.

Niall looked past Liam, and saw Zayn standing at the door, a few paces back from him and Liam, his hand hovering over the doorhandle, with an amused look on his face. Niall laughed at himself for being so out of it, and retook the extra steps, walking back to the door, Liam by his side.

Opening the door, Zayn stepped out of Niall's way and let the blonde enter the room first. Niall smiled in response, and answered Liam's question.

"You know what the concerts do to me, boys." He explained. "I'm still coming off my buzz. You can't blame me..." He said, suddenly freezing. Zayn would have run into the back of Niall, except for Liam's hand that shot out and stopped him.

Niall found a girl standing by the food table with one of Niall's favourite cupcakes in her hand, and another missing from the usual pile of five that waited for him after shows. Zayn and Liam peeked over Niall's shoulder, wondering why he stopped.

"...Or for the fact that there a fan in our dressing room." Niall continued.

"Security! There's a fan in our dressing room!"

The girl rolled her eyes. "Oh, please. I'm not a fan of yours. I haven't got the slightest interest in your music." The girl replied with slight annoyance.

"Security! There's a non-fan in our dressing room!" Liam reiterated, and Zayn laughed at his correction. Niall was slightly offended by the girl's obvious distaste for the boys' music, but he wasn't sure as to why. There were plenty of people that didn't like their music, and plenty of people who did, yet he was letting a little girl's opinion affect him.

"Why don't you like us, little girl." Niall asked in a soft, faking hurt voice. If possible, more distaste filled the emerald eyes of the girl in the room, as they narrowed at Niall crankily, and her jaw tightened, signifying to Niall she wasn't happy about what she had said.

"Why does she look so familiar?" Zayn asked quietly.

"And why do I get the feeling that she's important?" Liam inquired in the same level of voice as Zayn.

The girl ignored the two behind Niall, and crossed her arms across her chest.

"Calling me a 'little girl', Niall Horan, is not the best way of getting in my good books." She snapped. "I'm nineteen years old and not little, just...vertically challenged."

"Wait. You're how old?" Zayn blurted out, shocked.

"Nineteen." She answered simply.

"You look much younger." He stated.

The girl seemed to get annoyed again. "If I was any older than that'd be a compliment, but since I'm not, I warn you to watch out Malik, or you'll find yourself in the same position as your Irish friend."

Liam cleared his throat, not liking the fact that the girl was bossing his friends around. "And, what gives you the right to enforce yourself in this way? Quite frankly, you're being very disrespectful, and I would like it to stop." He said, authority running in his tone.

The girl was about to answer, but Louis entered the room from the bathroom, drying his limp hair with a black towel, something that was usual for Louis. His post-concert ritual was having a thirty minute shower afterwards.

"Oh, hey guys." Louis said casually, not seeming at all bothered by the, still unknown, girl in the room. He took a seat on one of the two seater lounges, and the girl sat neatly beside him, taking a big bite of the cupcake still in her hand, and Niall's eyes narrowed angrily. He noticed that the two only sat inches away from each other, arms touching slightly, meaning that the two both knew each other.

"Why are we all standing in the doorway?" Harry suddenly asked, standing behind Liam, who had jumped at the soundless appearance of Harry. When Niall looked down, he saw that Harry was wearing only socks on his feet, instead of his usual vintage boots that he always scuffed on the ground. There were two people beside him, two blondes, and Niall recognised one of them as Ella, Harry's old girlfriend.

"We've been trying to figure out who she is." Niall answered, looking over the girl. It was no secret to him, something that he wasn't to lie about, the girl was attractive, and, quietly honestly, the type of girl he liked.

"Am I really that unknown?" she asked, sounding hurt in response to Niall's question.

"No, Love." Harry rushed to console her. "The boys are not big followers of The Voice. It's a sponsor's thing. We're not supposed to watch the show."

She glanced at Louis, asking for conformation, and he nodded. The girl sighed, but looked as if she understood. "I get it. The Voice did the same thing." She explained, telling everyone in the room.

Ella hugged herself to Harry's side, and Niall noticed the happy smile on Harry's face. He assumed that the two were back together again, and he, himself, felt good for Harry. He and Ella were a great couple.

His eyes then landed on the other blonde, the male, and noticed his lingering gaze on the girl. He saw longing in his eyes, sadness, and when Niall looked back to the girl, saw her sitting quietly on the couch.

"Um... I think I speak on behalf of Zayn, Niall and myself when I say that I'm still confused as to what's going on." Liam spoke up.

Harry chuckled. "Liam, Zayn, and Niall. I'd like you to meet Payton Marks, my friend, Ella's brother, and Wenny's manager." He said, clasping the blonde boy on the shoulder. His eyes went back to the girl's. "And Wenny Styles; my sister."

Niall paled as the words left Harry's lips. 'My sister. I like Harry's sister! Out of all the girls..."

"Oh!" Liam exclaimed in understanding. 'So security is necessary?" He asked reaching to grab his phone. "Not that they made an effort to come or anything."

"I told them that everything was fine. I figured that you were talking about Wenny. Everything'd be fine, unless you insult her about her height." He shrugged.

Niall gulped, and Wenny looked over to him, hearing the slight sound. A smile slipping onto her face. Niall realised that she had a beautiful smile, but he couldn't appreciate it, because he had blown his chances with the girl already.

"Don't worry Horan. You get a get-out-of-jail-free card." She reassured him, and gave him a discreet wink, when the rest of the boys and Ella came into the room, finally able to relax after the show.

Payton passed Niall giving him a very dirty look, and suddenly felt that there was going to be a battle of the fittest for Wenny Styles.