Chapter Twenty- Plans

Picture of Baby CHer on the side ----->

Chapter Twenty- Plans

“Hey, baby. I know I promised, but I don’t think I’ll be able to come and see you later in the week.” Anne said apologetically though the phone to her daughter. Anne felt terribly guilty, but she was tied up at work and was spending more than twelve hours a day in the office. Her employees needed her.

Wenny’s face dropped, she felt sad again. Timothy and Chantelle were fretting around her as they got her ready for an interview; doing her makeup and getting her dressed. Harry was in the same boat. He was sitting in a similar chair, just across from her, his face being prepped and primed, and he did not look happy about it.

“That’s ok. I get it mum.” Wenny reassured her mother. “Do you think you’re going to be able to make it to the charity event next week?”

“What charity event?” Anne asked, not having heard of any such plans her daughter would be involved in. Wenny frowned, and gave her brother an annoyed look.

“Harry,” Wenny exclaimed. He looked over to her, trying to look around his hair stylist. “You didn’t tell Mum about UKFCSF. You told me you had told her.” She said accusingly.

Harry gave Wenny a pestered look that was supposed to be aimed at the female that was brushing through his curls, the bristles snagging on a few knots. “Ouch.” He complained, and the girl fretted an apology to him. “Sorry Wen. I thought I had.” He apologised. Wenny huffed, before returning her attention back to the phone, hearing Anne’s casual chuckle on the other side.

“I apologise, Mum.” Wenny replied, pinching the bridge of her nose. Timothy slapped at her hand, telling her not to ruin her makeup, and Wenny gave him an annoyed look. “Harry and I are supporting a charity called UKFCSF- United Kingdom Family and Community Support Foundation. The program is essentially for children, who come from torn apart families. Like, for example, there were these kids who hadn’t seen each other for six years, because one sibling was with the mother, and the other with the father, and both parents prohibited the two from seeing each other, so UKFCSF gives them the opportunity to come together again, and meet twice a week.” Wenny explained.

“Ah,” Anne murmured in understanding. “Now I can see why you two are involved. I imagine they latched onto you and Harry as soon as news spread that we were talking again.” Anne assumed, sitting back in her chair, forgetting her work. She needed a break anyway. She was slightly surprised that her kids had actually agreed to help a cause. “I never pictured you as a charity person, Wen.”

Wenny rolled her eyes amusedly. “Thanks Mum.” She laughed. “I have to go soon, Harry and I are about to do an interview to promote the event on channel two.”

“I’ll see if I can watch it.” Anne promised light-heartedly. Wenny knew better to expect her to pull through, especially now that she could hear Anne typing on her computer again. Anne was on the internet, looking up information and dates about the upcoming event, and sighed sadly when she saw that it was scheduled for the following week, when she was booked solid with meetings.