Chapter Four- Unexpected Arrival

(A few days later)

Wen was woken up by a half asleep Payton, who she had versed in a long and competitive game of Monopoly the night before, and who she had also smashed into smithereens. By the time the two finished their game it was very early in the morning, and Payton, too tired to go home, decided to stay over at Wenny's for the night in the guest room.

Payton had woke Wenny up to inform her about another interview that she had been booked for at six o'clock for a radio station that was very popular amongst teens, and the younger generation.

Wenny loved the station, so to say she was excited was an understatement, but her excitement only showed through marginally, because she was so tired. Payton moved out of the room, giving her privacy at a sluggish pace, yawning hugely. He told her that he was going to shower and change his clothes at his flat, before coming back to meet her before they left. She nodded in agreement at him, and the front door clicked shut as he left.

Rolling to a sitting position, in which Wenny managed to tangle herself in her sheets, falling bonelessly to floor, she looked out the window noticing that it was still dark outside, only emphasising on the fact that it was far too early for anybody to be awake.

It should be illegal to get up this early...That's another rule that I can declare when I become Prime Minister...

She yawned, rubbing her eyes tiredly, and made her way to the bathroom. Turning on the light in the small room, she received a moment of shock when she caught the reflection of herself, and the state of which her hair was in. Eyes widening momentarily, Wenny snatched the hair brush the draw next to her basin, and quickly yanked the brush through the bird nest of snarls twisted through her usual curls.

Thirty minutes later, and several stands of hair left tangled through the bristles of the brush, her hair looked half decent. She gave up on trying any harder, and threw it into a bun on the top of her head, and stripped her body of clothes, skin prickling from the cold air, and stepped into the shower.

She turned the taps, waiting for the hot water to come through the shower head, and sighed in contempt when her body relaxed as the steam floated around the room. Wen stood under the stream of water for a good five minutes straight, just trying to warm herself up and wake up from the sleepy state, but her peace was ruined when there was an obnoxious knock on the wall outside the bathroom.

"Hurry it up Wenny! You can't be in there forever!" Payton reminded her, just outside the door, still sounding exhausted.

Wenny sighed, and rolled her eyes before taking the shower sponge hanging off the hook by the silver taps, and squeezed some scented soap on it. She washed her body, hurrying because she had waisted enough time already, and turned the taps off once she was done.

Stepping out of the shower, the cold air attacked her again, and water drops started pattering on the tiled ground. Shivering, she wrapped herself in a towel she had hanging on one of the racks next to the sink.

Without bothering to dry herself off, Wenny jogged back into the bedroom, hearing the television playing in the lounge room and found an outfit lying on the bed that her stylist dropped off. It was now lighter outside with the rising sun shining through the bedroom window. Wenny smiled at the colours of pink, light blue, orange, and yellow that was present in the clouds, looking as if a painter had expertly dabbed paint on a canvas, creating the most perfect sunrise, but, to her dismay, Wenny couldn't watch the sun rise further and watch the colours change in the sky, so she glanced over the garments on the bed. She liked choice of outfit, glad that she wasn't wearing something like that god awful sweater again.