Chapter Fourteen- My Sister the Lunatic

Picture on side ------------------------------>

Chapter Fourteen- My Sister, the Lunatic

Since Wenny had gone with Harry for the day, Payton decided that he would have some time to himself. He gathered his things from the night before at sluggish pace, still tired from waking up early, and left the flat the same time the Styles siblings did.

Payton had always hated the fact that he was an early riser. He could never sleep for as long as he would hope for, so he constantly found himself tired when he had a late night before. He took the short walk down Wenny's driveway, waving to the siblings as the black vehicle drove past.

It wasn't to bad of a day in London, blue skies were above, but there was a blanket of grey clouds further away, holding the threat of rain. With that being the case, Payton took his time making his way to his own property with a complacent look on his face. His mind was captured by his thoughts as he took in the quite street.

Payton felt weird returning back to his flat sometimes. He had always believed that his rightful place was beside Wenny, and that wherever she was, he was home.

He sighed as the key slid into the lock easily and the door swung open slowly, revealing his lonely flat. Payton had never put much effort into refurnishing his house, so the whole design was very simple. He missed the cosiness of Wenny's home.

He took a deep breath, taking in the scent that came out of the door, and he recognised it as his own, but it wasn't familiar. He dumped his bag by the laundry door, telling himself that he'd need to put on a load of washing today. Glancing around the house, he also noticed that the dull place could use a good cleaning as well.

He took a left, past the bathroom, and into his office at the end of the hall, seeing the room, exactly the way he had left it, messy.

Sitting back in the high backed chair, Payton logged on his ancient laptop computer and it sluggishly took it's time with turning on. While waiting he filed some papers scattered around the room so he could actually find the surface of the desk, and when the computer was finally ready for him to type in his password, he typed in the five letter that he knew he'd never forget.

(Ten points if you can guess the password. Leave you guesses below!)

-

Payton had been home for a while now, and had managed to sort out the final details for Wenny's upcoming tour with Mark Pryce, signing and faxing the papers through to him while he was speaking to him through the phone he'd set up on his desk.

When that was done he moved on to washing the huge pile up of clothes that was left in the laundry that he hadn't gotten around to cleaning while he was spending time with Wenny.

There was weeks worth of cleaning to do, and by the time he had finished, and the house was looking spotless, but strangely emptier than he was used to, he made his way to the tiny kitchen he had, with its un-matching wall and floor tiles, craving something to eat.

Before Wenny had come into his life, Payton would be nowhere else but his flat, apart from his old job at the local music school, when he had the free time. He'd be lying on the crappy couch with a pizza on his lap watching old reruns of 'The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air' because he enjoyed being by himself. He never went out, never made plans with his friends because he never fully connected with anybody. His life was depressing, sad, and he knew that, but he never felt the confidence, or the desire, to change things.

Payton made a sandwich, and plopped himself down on the hard couch, shifting uncomfortably. It was nothing like Wenny's couch, hers comfy, familiar, everything to do with Wenny was comfortable. He smiled to himself thinking of his girl.