Wedding Preparations

Steve and I sat in our room with my laptop and a notebook, Steve writing down ideas as I looked at my laptop. 

"I'm so excited, Steve." I smiled as I looked at wedding dresses.

Steve smiled as he wrote down location ideas for the wedding. "I am too."

I scrolled through several pictures for ideas on what I wanted in a wedding dress. I found several sleeveless dresses and decided I wanted one. I finally decided on a style and smiled brightly. 

"Did you find a style of dress?" Steve asked.

I nodded. "I have!"

"Can I see?" 

I nodded again and turned the laptop toward him, showing him the dress. 

"It's beautiful!" He smiled brightly.

I smiled and played with my hair, which had grown much longer since I was kidnapped. Nat had found a pill I could take to help it grow faster.

As I played with my hair, I continued to scroll through pages, looking for shoe ideas and color schemes. Nat was going to come up with everything, but she wanted me to choose ideas first.

I decided blue and white would be perfect for the wedding. They were great colors together, and Steve was Captain America, so I wanted to go with something patriotic. 

I told Steve to write down colors and ideas, and while he did, I began to remember the party we had the night before.

Thor suggested we celebrate the engagement, and we all agreed within a heartbeat. 

Tony had gotten drunk and tried to use his suit inside the hotel room. I ended up having to rip the suit away from him.

Thor kept out drinking everyone but Steve and I, since neither of us could get drunk.

Close to the end of the party, Nat, Ryan and Clint kept trying to sneak me out to go try on dresses. We were never successful, Ryan not wanting to leave entirely. He loved to party, the happy-go-lucky turd.

Tony burst into our room with a worried expression on his face. 

"JARVIS has been hacked. Jess escaped." Tony informed.

Anger rose and my eyes turned red. "Tony, how the hell did she escape?"

He shrugged in frustration. "We don't know how." 

I stood up and held in a scream of anger. "How the hell did she escape, Tony?! She was in the tower with JARVIS! She shouldn't have been able to get out at all!" I paced the room angrily, running my hand through my hair. "Damn it! She can't be out there, she'll kidnap people and start her experiments again." 

Steve grabbed my shoulder and looked into my eyes. "Alexx, I'm sorry she escaped, but there is nothing we can do now. All we can do is wait."

I looked at him and sighed. "Alright..."

"Let's work on our wedding plans to keep your mind off of it." Steve suggested.

He sat down at the laptop and started looking at the notes. Looking at me, he grabbed my hand and made me sit beside him. Hugging me close, he kissed my forehead and showed me some shoes. 

"You should wear these ones. I know you don't like heels, but I'd love to see you wear them one more time." he smiled.

I smiled and nodded. "Alright. I like them." 

As we looked at the screen, Tony left the room, and I tried to distract myself from thinking about Jess, who was now loose on the world. 

The more I tried not to think about Jess, the more I actually did and began to panic. 

I got up and started breathing really hard, freaking out badly. "Steve, I have to go. I can't stay here."

He got up and looked at me. "Where are you gonna go?"

"Back to the tower."

"New York? But there's no land between France and New York, you won't make it." Steve said with a worried expression.

I went to the window and opened it. Looking at Steve, I sighed. "I will make it." Then, I jumped out the window, spreading my wings and taking off.

This wouldn't be the first time I flew away from the Avengers without warning, and I was sure it wouldn't be the last.

I only had my phone with me, leaving behind everything. I had eaten a big breakfast, so I would be fine for a while.

Flying past the Eiffel Tower, I smiled sadly, remembering the proposal. I sighed and pumped my wings hard, zooming away. Soon, I had reached the ocean, and my flight without breaks had begun.