Go Away, Ashley

"Alexx, Nat said Ashley and her crew are headed over here. She has Lily." Steve informed.

I looked at Steve and Ryan. "Guys...take Sarah, and get everyone...somewhere safe. There is no way...this is going...to end well."

I began to get up, struggling with my beat up body. I slammed myself against a wall, putting my arm back in place, which hurt a lot.

"Alexx -- " Steve tried to protest.

"Do it, Steve."

He nodded and I gave him his shield, then hugged Sarah tight. "I'm going to get Lily back safely. I promise."

I turned my back to them and looked around. Off in the distance we're two figures, several more behind them; the taller of the two in front I instantly recognized as Ashley, and the smaller figure stood beside her.

Lily.

Quite honestly, I couldn't remember why I liked Ashley in the first place. I remembered that she was always a jerk and pushed me around when I was with HYDRA. The only thing that stopped her from continuing was when I started developing my abilities. I was stronger and faster than her and I could easily kill her if she messed with me again.

I walked into the middle of the road, standing just a few feet away from Ashley and her group of baddies. I glared at them as Ashley gripped Lily's arm tight.

Thunder boomed above us and rain poured down, soaking us in seconds.

"Lily, are you okay?" I asked. Lily nodded, her eyes red from crying.

"It's nice to see you again, Alexx. I see those wings healed nicely." Ashley smiled evilly.

"What do you want, Ashley?" I demanded.

"I heard about Jess. Word travels fast."

"Yeah, well, what happened Jess could happen to you. I'm not going to stop until HYDRA is destroyed, you included." I growled, my wings half folded, making me look bigger.

We were like two wolves fighting. Make yourself bigger, make yourself more of a threat.

"How cute." Ashley rolled her eyes and pointed at me. "Get her."

Ashley's group advanced. They immediately began to shoot at me with hand guns.

I knelt down and folded my wings around myself, the armor on them shielding me from the bullets. My dislocated wing didn't help much, and a few bullets grazed my right arm and side. When the bullets stopped, I folded my wings back.

"Impressive. I see you've made use of those wings." Ashley commented as lightening flashed across the sky, followed by a clap of thunder.

Her men came at me again, but this time with swords and knives. I looked at them, confused about their weapons of choice.

I pulled out my knife and fought back, blade hitting blade. I stabbed one and sliced at another, but they were overwhelming me. If they couldn't slice or stab me, they punched, each hit earning them a grunt from me. The punches were hard and never missed; hitting my stomach, face, and occasionally my arms and legs. I could feel the left side of my face swelling up from being hit so much. Blood leaked from my mouth, nose, and the large cut on my cheekbone.

One man got a stab into my left thigh, the knife embedded in my leg. He tried to pull it out to stab me again, but I pushed him away before he could. Another man slashed deep into my right side, and another sliced into my left arm, adding more pain to my body. I threw one man into the air and torched him, then unleashed my flames onto the rest of them.

The rain didn't stop my flames from burning, the drops sizzling as they hit the hot fire.

Ashley slowly clapped and walked toward me. Lily was held back by one of Ashley's men who hadn't attacked me.

I fell to the ground with my right knee on the ground, my right fist digging into the asphalt. Fresh blood leaked from my mouth and nose, several gashes all over my body and the fresh stab in my thigh, the knife keeping me from bleeding out. Bruises were already forming, and the left side of my face was one big bruise, my eye swollen shut. 

I panted from the fight, staring into a puddle of my blood, watching as it mingled with the rain. The smell of the rain took away from the smell of my blood. 

Ashley stood behind me and whispered into my ear. "I'm glad you caught Jess. Now I don't have to search for her and killing her will be much easier. Plus, I get to kill you right now."

My eyes widened in terror. Ashley drove a long, thin blade into my back, driving it all the way through until I could see it emerge from my chest, and I screamed in pain.

She drew the blade out in a clean movement and I released another bloodcurdling scream. I felt the vibration of the blade as it scraped against my ribs and the bones of my spine. Blood poured from my body, mixing with the rain, warming my skin and leaving my insides cold.

I fell to the ground, blood and water splashing into my face as I hit the road. Ashley stood over me, water dripping from her face and hair, smiling evilly as she watched me writhe on the ground. Her smile changed from amused to ecstatic. The thought of my death brought her pure joy.