Restless

A/N: Sorry this chapter is short, but hey, I'm adding another chapter right now. Comment! Enjoy!

I laid on the bed, tossing and turning. I couldn't possibly fall asleep.

I was stressed about mastering my new fire ability, about Bucky, about Nat and Steve. I was stressing about Steve being stressed. Man, I was stressing about stress!

I tried to clear my mind and rolled to my side.

Uncomfortable.

I rolled to my back.

Uncomfortable.

I rolled onto my stomach and buried my face into the pillow. There was no way I was going to get comfortable. It's not that the bed isn't comfortable, it's just that I am so stressed. I also feared that my nightmares would return. Ever since Ashley told me about my being HYDRA once upon a time, my sleep had been plagued by nightmares. 

I punched the pillow and gave up.

How can Steve sleep? He's got to be just as stressed as me, if not more.

I laid there, listening to the sounds around me; the ticking of a clock, the honking of cars passing by, water dripping from the leaky faucet in the bathroom.

Nope.

I rolled off the bed, grabbed a pillow and two thick blankets, and went into the living room.

Steve was laying on the couch, sleeping peacefully. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous.

Steve had given me his room to sleep in. He was a gentleman, and didn't want me to have to sleep on the couch.

I put and pillow and one blanket aside, then laid out the other blanket, turning it into a makeshift bed on the floor, right by the couch. I put the pillow at one end, grabbed the second blanket and laid down. Pulling the blanket up to my chin, I inhaled deeply, and smiled, suddenly feeling safe, being in the same room as Captain America. My eyelids became droopy, and to my surprise, I fell asleep.