First Mission With Captain America

A/N: So so so sorry that this took so long! Here we go. Please let me know what you think. Enjoy!

The Indian Ocean reflected the night sky as we flew over in a Quinjet. Steve, Natasha and I stood in front of the group of men known as the STRIKE team. We were being briefed about the mission by Rumlow, the leader of the STRIKE team and a man Steve had introduced me to before we took off. I didn't know what it was, but my gut told me not to trust Rumlow. And I always trust my gut.

Steve was in a new Captain America suit, all dark blue with a silver star in the center of his chest. Other than that, it looked exactly like the one he wore during the battle of New York.

Natasha wore her Black Widow catsuit. It had been modified from before, but looked the same, except for the glowing lines that .

I had been given a uniform to wear. Fury thought it would be best to have one like Natasha and Steve. I felt like there was a bigger reason why he got me a suit, and I wanted to figure out why, but that'd have to wait for another time.

My uniform was a catsuit, very similar to Natasha's, but mine had a bit more of a personal touch for me. The suit was almost completely black with a few hunter green bits that went from my chest and along my arms and legs, stopping just before my elbows and knees. My holsters were almost always with the suit. My gun holsters attached to the belt around my waist, the actual gun holders around each of my thighs. Silencers were held in a pouch on each gun holster. I never brought extra ammo, because I mostly relied on my other weapons. Just above the gun holster on my right thigh was a pouch that would hold anything I needed for the current mission, such as a disk or a USB drive. On the side of my left thigh was a bigger pouch that held a few random things; bandages, gauze, and hand wraps. Nick had my belt upgraded so that there were throwing knife holsters all along my belt for easier access, two holsters that held two tactical knives forming an "x" on the back of my belt. My combat knife holster was around my ankle. I had two more tactical knives, a holster wrapped over my right shoulder and under my left arm, the knife right under my arm. The last knife holster was tightly wrapped around my right forearm. A bow was secured on my back, a quiver underneath it. My last weapon was an all black katana. Even the blade was black. The scabbard made an "x" with the bow and quiver, the straps above and below my chest, two more connecting them together like backpack straps, keeping it in place. All of my weapons were easily accessible. With the suit, I wore black, fingerless combat gloves and of course, my favorite pair of black combat boots. At the moment, my gloves were strapped to my belt.

When I first go the suit, Miranda wanted to be the first to see me wearing it. Miranda and I had become friends, but not close friends. I wasn't the type of person to get too attached quickly. When I showed her the suit, she told me I looked great and to once again be careful around Stark. I really needed to meet this "Stark" person.

"Target is a mobile satellite launch platform, the Lemurian Star." Rumlow informed, showing us images of the ship we were heading toward on a futuristic touchscreen monitor. "They were sending up their last payload when pirates took them, 93 minutes ago."

"Any demands?" Steve asked.

"Billion and a half." Rumlow replied.

"Why so steep?"

"Because it's SHIELD's."

Steve paused for a moment. I could tell he was getting a little frustrated. "So it's not off-course. It's trespassing." Steve said to Natasha.

Natasha's hand was in a relaxed fist at her chin. "I'm sure they have a good reason." She briefly looked up at Steve.

"You know, I'm getting a little tired of being Fury's janitor."