Meeting the Avengers

A/N: Here is the next chapter! Comment! Enjoy!

I laid on the couch, panting from the morning run. I had pushed myself hard enough to run out of breath. It usually took a while for me to do that. Like, a while.

Steve threw a towel at me. "There's that for after your shower. We leave in an hour."

I sat up and playfully stuck my tongue out at him, then I stood up straight and saluted him. "You got it, Cap." 

Throwing the towel over my shoulder, I walked to the bathroom and closed the door behind me. I jumped into the shower and quickly washed myself. I wrapped the towel around my body and walked into Steve's room, which had become my room. Steve and I had grown close, but I wasn't yet sure how we felt about each other. I wasn't sure how I felt. I felt a sort of warmth toward him, but I didn't understand it.

My clothes were spread out on the bed, I put them on -- a white tank top with a light gray, plaid flannel over it and a pair of dark, ripped jeans -- and walked into the living room. Steve was wearing a well-fitted, light blue shirt and a pair of dark jeans.

Steve smiled when he saw me. I spun on my toes, showing him my clothes. "How do I look?"

"You look great." Steve smiled.

"Thanks." I smiled. I grabbed my black, combat boots and pulled them onto my feet. "Shall we go?"

Steve pulled on his black leather jacket and nodded. I slipped the folder about Bucky into my black backpack, along with a few bottles of water, different assortments of candy and chips (in case I got hungry), my combat knife in it's holster that went everywhere I did, and my new laptop and tablet, threw it over my shoulder and pulled my hair into a high ponytail as we walked outside.

Steve hailed a taxi and we went to the airport. When we entered the crowded building, a guard insisted on checking my backpack. He started to pull out my things, setting them next to the bag. "She's got a weapon!" the guard exclaimed, but only loud enough for his colleagues to hear. 

"I can explain that." I said, pointing at the knife. A guard stepped behind me and put my hands behind my back, cuffing them together. "Steve?" I looked at him.

"Stand down, officer." 

The guard let go of me and I turned to voice. "Maria Hill. It's been a while." I smiled at the familiar face.

"It has." she said. She still had that professional atmosphere around her. 

"Ma'am, she has a knife with her." the guard informed.

"Do you know who this is?" Maria asked. The guards looked confused. "This is Alexx Summers, the newest Avenger."

This time, I looked confused. 

Newest Avenger? Alexx Summers, Avenger! I like the sound of that.

"Really?" another guard asked excitedly.

"Can you show us what you've got?" a third guard asked.

I looked at Maria, who shrugged. "Uh, yeah, sure. I need a clear space though." Then I jumped over my arms, wrists still bound together. "But, uh..." 

"Oh! Sorry!" A guard unlocked the cuffs and I rubbed my wrists.

"Right this way."

A guard flanked me and Steve on either side, one leading us to a secure spot, and one behind Maria, who was behind us. I felt like the president.