See Ya Later, Helicarrier

A/N: Hi everyone! I am so sorry that it took so long to update this. I was having new parts read by family members so they could tell me what they thought. Well, it obviously takes too long, so from now on the parts I add will not have been read by anyone. Please leave comments and tell me what you think! Thanks! Enjoy!

My eyes snapped open and I sat bolt upright, ready to attack. The lights were off and I couldn't see anything. I couldn't remember where I was or why I was here, but I felt I was in danger. A firm hand grabbed my shoulder. Instinctively, I grabbed the hand and threw whoever it was at the wall opposite from me. I jumped off the bed, pulling an IV pole to the ground. In my arm was an IV. I ripped it out, not caring about the pain.

What happened? When had I lost consciousness? I looked down at myself. Who had put me into a hospital gown?

My now dark red hair was draped over my shoulders. I stared at the man I had thrown at the wall with murder in my dark red eyes. The man got up from the ground and I could feel my eyes and hair change to a dark orange as guilt flooded my body. Soon sadness joined the guilt and blue streaks joined the orange in my hair and eyes.

"S-Steve?" I stammered. Steve rubbed his head, a hurt smile forming upon his lips. "I am so sorry. I thought I was..." I stopped. Thinking of the memories would only make it worse.

I stepped away from Steve. I had hurt him, not even thinking of what I was doing.

Fear returned and joined the guilt and sadness. Now my eyes and hair were a blend of blue, dark orange, and dark red streaks.

Steve's eyes widened as my hair and eyes changed again. "Are you okay?" Steve stepped toward me.

I took another step back and my back was soon against the wall. "Stop. Stay away. I might hurt you again. I'm dangerous." I warned, trying to hide the fear in my voice.

"I'm fine. See?" Steve motioned to himself.

"I hurt you. I freaked out and I hurt you."

I examined Steve's eyes, looking for fear or pain. Instead, I saw worry. Steve closed the large gap between us until we were only an inch apart. He looked at my arm, a new bandage wrapped around it.

"It looks better. Almost no blood." Steve commented. I looked down at the cloth. He was right. A spot of blood was on the cloth, but it was dry. 

Steve turned to me, his blue eyes staring into mine. I felt my eyes and hair change to a violet as I grew nervous. The violet took over any other color that was in my hair.

"Your hair and eyes, why do they change color?" Steve asked.

"I...It's classified." I looked down at the floor.

The door flew open and Steve straightened up, backing a couple inches away from me. A bald black man with an eye patch stood in the doorway. 

"Glad to see you're awake," the man deadpanned. I wasn't sure what to say. "I am Director Nick Fury. And I'm sure you've already met Rogers." I nodded once.

Fury looked around the room, his eyes growing wide as he stared at the dent in the wall. He looked at me and Steve. I shrugged and smiled at Fury's shock.

"Rogers will show you around." Fury said, ignoring the wall, as if it had happened so many times before. He left the room, leaving me and Steve alone again.

"I don't think I should walk around with my butt hanging out," I pulled the back of my gown together, covering my rear. "And I don't have anything to wear. I mean I do, but I don't know where they're at. And they're probably still bloody and gross."