Road Trip in the Air

A/N: Hey everybody! Sorry I haven't updated in a while. Well, let's get started! Comment, enjoy!

I started my long trip by flying straight over Virginia to North Carolina, where I stopped for another break. It took me three and a half hours to get to Charlotte, and I was starving. I looked up where the nearest McDonald's was, craving chicken nuggets. I landed quietly, folded my wings and made sure my shoulder was covered before walking into the restaurant.

"Hello, and welcome to McDonald's. May I take your order?" the cashier asked.

I looked up at the menu, my mouth watering. "Um, yeah. Can I get a 40 piece chicken nugget, a large fry, and a large root beer?" 

"Yes, ma'am. Any sauce?" 

"Sweet and sour."

"All right. Your order will be $12.59."

I pulled out my wallet and handed the cashier a twenty. "Keep the change."

I stood off to the side and waited for my food. A family sat by a window, eating and laughing and messing around. I looked at them with envy, missing my family.

"Your order, ma'am?" A woman put a paper bag onto the counter with a large soda next to it.

I picked up the food. "Sorry. Thanks." I smiled.

"Yep. Have a good day."

"You too."

I sat at a table by a window and set out my meal. Within 20 minutes, all of my food was gone and in my stomach being digested. I sipped the last of my root beer and tossed it into the paper bag and into the garbage before leaving.

It was late, the sky dark and littered with stars. I still had five more hours until I got to Daytona Beach and it'd probably take me another half hour to find the hotel Miranda was staying at. I was tired, on the verge of passing out, so I looked for a cheap place to stay. Thank goodness Tony gave me unlimited data. I pulled up Motel 6 on my tablet, which so happened to be about a block from the McDonald's.

I walked all the way to the motel, my feet killing me and my shoulder in pain. Several cars were parked outside. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed that there wasn't a '67 Chevy Impala parked outside.

I walked into the office and paid for one night with cash.

I unlocked the door to my room and went inside, locking the door behind me. The room was nice, green walls, curtains and bedspreads. A desk sat against the wall by the door, a tv on an entertainment center against the wall opposite the beds. I tossed the key and my backpack onto the other bed and yawned. Not even bothering to change clothes, I turned off the lights, pulled my beanie off, threw it on the floor and fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.