Crepes

I woke up in Steve's arms. He smiled in his sleep, his hold tightening. I heard a click and looked at the foot of the bed.

"H-How did you find me?" I asked.

"It was easy, really." Jess smiled. She looked at Steve. "Have you not learned your lesson?"

"Don't." I warned.

"It's such a shame. He is quite the stud, isn't he?" 

"Jess, leave him alone."

"Sorry, can't. It's just, business."

Bucky stood beside Jess, cocked the gun in his hand and shot Steve through the chest, destroying his heart. Jess laughed maniacally and Bucky shot me in the chest.

"Steve!" 

I sat bolt upright, screaming Steve's name. "Alexx, what's wrong?" Steve hurried out of the bathroom and sat in front of me.

I panted, beads of sweat rolling down my face. I looked around, making sure nobody else was in the room.

"It's just us, Alexx. Nobody is in here." Steve said calmly.

I nodded and tears began to slide down my cheeks. I crawled into Steve's lap and he hugged me to his chest. He rocked back and forth, calming me down.

"Jess killed you." I whispered. I was not about to tell him that it was Bucky that pulled the trigger.

Steve stopped rocking. "What?"

"Jess was in here, and she shot you, then she shot me." 

Steve began to rock again. "I won't let that happen, I promise."

I nodded and fell asleep in Steve's warm embrace.

***

I woke up laying on my stomach, using my wings as a blanket. I sat up and folded my wings, looking around. Steve came out of the bathroom wearing only grey sweatpants, his hair dripping water onto his bare chest.

"Are you okay?" Steve asked, drying his ears with a towel.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I smiled and stretched, my arms extended above my head.

I slid off my bed and walked to Steve. He was holding a white t-shirt in his hands, ready to put it on. I snatched it from his hands and pulled it over the black tank top I was wearing.

"Hey, that's mine." Steve said, trying to pull it off of me.

"Hey, whoa. Calm down. At least take me to dinner before you try to rip my clothes off." I smiled.

Steve became flustered. "That's not what I...It's my...Can I please have my shirt back?"

"I don't know, what'll it cost?" 

Steve leaned forward and quickly pecked my lips. "A kiss."

"All right, you win." I smiled.

I pulled Steve's shirt off and handed it to him. "Thank you." Steve whispered into my ear, then he kissed me again.

I went to my closet and put on a pair of sweatpants and white t-shirt, wearing the same outfit as Steve, but in my size.

"Steve, I wanna do something." I smiled.

"What is it?" Steve asked.

"Turn around."

Steve turned around and I jumped onto his back, hanging low so no one would be able to see me from the front.

"What are you doing?" Steve asked.

"You are going to go out there, I'll spread my wings, and everyone will think they are yours."  I explained.

"I see. Okay, hang on." 

Steve left my room and walked out into the living room. "Hey, Steve. Where's Alexx?" Ryan asked.

"She's still asleep." Steve replied.

"Okay. Hey, you want some breakfast?"

"Sure. What is it?"

"Crepes!" Ryan exclaimed. It was our favorite food.

"Sounds good." Steve walked further into the room.

Steve stopped and I listened carefully. Ryan was in the room, but I couldn't tell who else was. But I had a feeling that everyone was in there. I spread my wings and heard everyone in the room gasp, which was everyone.

"Oh man, not you too. Is this some kind of disease? Are we all going to grow giant wings?" Tony asked.

I stifled a laugh. I heard Bruce chuckle. He already knew, but wasn't going to tell. I was pretty sure Nat knew too.

"If so, then I'll be able to fly and the name Hawkeye will be even cooler." Clint commented.

I poked my head up from Steve's shoulder. Everyone was around the dining table, a plate of crepes filled with strawberries and whipped cream in front of each of them. Ryan stood behind the counter, making more crepes.

"Hello, Alexx." Nat waved.

"Hi, Nat." I smiled, climbing off of Steve's back.

"Didn't that hurt, Steve?" Tony asked.

"You calling me fat, Stark?" I zoomed forward and landed on the table in front of Tony.

"N-No. No I'm not. That's not what I meant." Tony panicked.

I smiled and flew over to Ryan, sitting on the counter. "When I grew wings, my bones became hollow. I don't weigh much anymore." I explained. "Also, Bruce, watch this. Ryan, toss me a water."

Ryan shrugged and did as I said, throwing me a water bottle, which I caught in my hand.

"Okay?" Tony said, confused.

"Normally, I would have caught it with my mind, holding it in the air then put it in my hand." I said, showing them the water bottle.

"And?"

"And I didn't. My telekinesis hasn't been working since I got my wings." 

"It never returned to normal?" Bruce asked.

"Nope. It's gone."

"That's odd."

I nodded. "I gain something, and lose something else. Think you can figure out why?" I asked Bruce, who nodded. Then I turned to Ryan. "Got any for me yet?"

"Yes ma'am. Go sit down." Ryan replied.

"Okay, Dad." I sighed and sat in the chair next to Nat. Steve sat next to me, across from Tony.

"Hey, Al, think fast!" Ryan got ready to throw my plate toward the table, but I held my hands up.

"Don't! I just said I don't have telekinesis anymore."

"Right. Sorry, Al." Ryan replied, walking over and putting the plate in front of me.

"It's alright. These better be some good crepes." I stuffed a piece of crepe into my mouth. "Don't think you're getting away with trying that either, Ryan."

After I took another bite, I opened the whipped cream and tossed a spoonful into Ryan's face. He wiped it away and got a spoonful ready.

"Remember the last time we got into a food fight?" I asked.

Ryan put the spoon back. "Yeah. You're right, bad idea."

"Good boy." I smirked.

Clint turned to me. "What happened the last time you guys got in a food fight?"

"Oh, I don't know. What happened in Budapest?" I asked.

"Touche."