The Perfect Day

A/N: This is the chapter we've been waiting for!!! Salexx becomes reality! Well, at least for us.

3 days later...

I was woken up by Nat, who was shaking me excitedly. Pepper was in my room as well, smiling brightly. Then Abby jumped on me and licked my face.

I looked at them confused. "What's going on?" 

"Really, Alexx? Really?" Nat shook her head in disappointment.

I looked at Pepper. "What did I do?"

"You're getting married today!" Pepper exclaimed.

My eyes widened as it hit me. 

I was getting married. How had I forgotten?

I quickly got up, and sent Nat and Pepper to fetch my dress, shoes, and everything else I needed to get ready. 

While they were out, I showered and used the bathroom and did everything I could before Nat and Pepper took hours on making me look pretty. Abby followed me around happily, loving the happy atmosphere.

Before I knew it, I was made beautiful, my dress on, hair done, and bridesmaids also done. Even Abby was wearing an gorgeous flower crown, created by Thor. 

We were ready. 

I was ready.

Tony came in, commented on how "sexy" I looked, then got slapped by me and the bridesmaids. All six of us. 

Once he was done crying, Tony and Pepper went through, followed by Nat and Clint, Maria and Bruce, Jane and Thor, and Miranda and Ryan.

I became nervous, Abby trying to keep me calm, and that's when Nick came in. He smiled at me with the most gentle smile I've ever seen on him.

"You look beautiful, Alexx." 

"Thank you, Nick. That means a lot, coming from you." I blushed.

And then the music started.

"I believe that's our cue." Nick smiled and offered his arm to me. 

I linked my arm with Nick's and he led me down the aisle. Abby trotted alongside me as if she'd done it a million times.

And that's when everything went by way too quickly.

Steve and I agreed to marry each other, that we were made for each other. Then, we kissed, and just like that, we were married. We both kissed Abby too. She was part of the family.

The venue, which Tony insisted on buying, was gorgeous. It was the tower, but Tony had changed it all up so much, I didn't even recognize the place. 

It began to rain near the end of the ceremony, and Steve and I laughed, quickly getting wet. I smiled, not caring about the rain, only that I was with him, the man I loved. That maybe I really could have a normal life. 

I pulled Steve's face down to mine and kissed him hard, the rain chasing everyone else inside to the reception hall. 

The reception went by quickly. Abby followed Thor and Jane around the whole time, and he ended up giving her small treats. Bruce and Nat talked to each other more than I'd seen recently, and it was cute. 

Ryan, Miranda and Clint were raiding the food table like they weren't allowed to eat, while Pepper kept scolding Tony every time he tried to throw food at Steve. Nick and Maria mostly kept to themselves, but they did talk to me whenever I went to them.

Tony ended up by me and Steve at one point, talking about Avengers stuff. Then he brought up Steve's past. 

"Hey, Steve, you lose your virginity to Alexx yet?" Tony asked with a smug smile.

Steve sighed and began to walk away. "No I haven't, because I never lose."

When Steve was far away from Tony, I shook my head and leaned toward the billionaire. "That's going to change tonight."

Tony nearly choked on his alcohol, he laughed so hard.

At the end of the night, Thor promised to take care of Abby while Steve and I went on our honeymoon. Jane agreed, so that was where Abby would go. 

Tony said that he had paid for everything. He said "everything" with a wink, and I shook my head. 

At the main entrance of the tower sat a new Hummer limousine. It was a gorgeous car, and I hugged Steve excitedly. He smiled, then helped me into the car, following me into the back. We had a chauffeur, a very nice man named Jerry. He had told us that our luggage was already at the hotel, including emergency supplies Nat made sure to add. 

We waved goodbye to all the people that had come, all of them wishing us luck, while Tony kept winking at me. 

Away from everyone and everything, Jerry let us know we could do what we wanted till we got to the airport where Tony had a private jet waiting to take us to our mystery honeymoon location. After he said that, he closed the blacked out window between him and us.

"You know what Tony wants us to do, right?" Steve asked.

I laughed. "I think he is mostly trying to visualize Captain America no longer being a virgin." 

Steve chuckled and hugged me close. "I love you so much."

I smiled and rest my head on his chest. "I love you too."