Thor Odinson

A/N: Here comes one of our favorite Asgardians!!!!! (You gotta love Loki too, right? Who doesn't love a bit of mischief??)

I sat on the couch in the living room, my laptop in my lap with Tumblr open, Abby sitting beside me. I brushed a strand of hair behind my ear, but it just fell back into my face. I wasn't used to having such short hair. It wasn't even long enough to keep behind my ears.

I was wearing one of Steve's hoodies, the sleeves rolled up so that my hands were visible, a pair of red leggings and Captain America ankle socks. Underneath everything, I wore the suit I asked Tony to make. It made it so that when I changed back into a human, I wasn't completely naked. It was a catsuit, which made Tony chuckle, but it felt more like a second skin.

My wings were folded so that they were still visible. When I folded my wings the smallest they could go, they were only about two feet long and very easy to hide.

After growing wings, Tony improved almost all of the furniture in the tower, making it so that everything accommodated my wings, but was still comfortable for those who didn't have wings.

I scrolled through Tumblr, leaving comments on the occasional post that spiked my interest.

Steve walked into the room and noticed me sitting on the couch. He walked behind me and put his hands on my shoulders, gently squeezing.

"Good morning, Steve." I put my left hand on Steve's, holding my laptop with my right.

"Good morning." Steve yawned.

I closed my laptop and put it on the coffee table with my mind, right next to my combat knife. I turned to face Steve and noticed Tony rushing around.

"What's going on, Tony?" I asked.

Abby noticed as well and jumped off the couch to follow Tony around.

"Can't talk. Gotta make sure he doesn't destroy my toaster again." Tony replied. He went to the kitchen and returned with the toaster tucked under his arm, Abby still following him.

"Who destroyed the toaster?" I asked Steve.

"Thor's coming?" Steve asked Tony.

I shook my head. I knew who Thor was. He was mythical. Not real.

A loud boom came from the roof. Nat, Clint and Bruce walked into the living room a second later. I jumped up from the couch and looked at everybody, then the door.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Come here. You still haven't met the last member of the Avengers." Steve said.

Steve made me stand beside him, Abby sitting at my feet. We all faced the door to the roof and waited. A minute later, a man walked through the door.

The man wore odd looking armor with a red cape that went down to the floor. He had long blond hair draped over his shoulders, braids here and there. He was tall and very muscular, his build similar to Steve's, and he carried a large hammer.

The man smiled as his eyes scanned everyone. When his eyes went over me, a confused expression formed on his face. 

"Who is this?" the man asked, gesturing to me with a bit of a British accent mixed with something else I couldn't quite identify.

"Thor, meet Alexx Summers. She's an Avenger." Tony said.

"Wait...Thor? The god of thunder and lightening from Norse mythology? But he's not real, right?" I asked.

"Oh, he's real alright. A real pain in my ass when he blows up my toaster!" Tony exclaimed.

The man, Thor, smiled. "Welcome, Lady Alexx." He put his hammer on the ground and walked toward me.

Thor wrapped his arms around me, pinning my arms and wings against my body. I looked at everyone with confusion as Thor picked me up and hugged me. Abby started to yip at Thor, struggling in Steve's arms.

Fear was in everyone's eyes. I'd never had anyone do something like this. I wasn't used to it, and I didn't usually let people get too close without permission, especially people I had just met. I was like a cat, quick to attack anything that seemed even a little bit threatening.

I pushed my back against Thor's arms and jumped out of his hold, flipping backwards and landing on the ground like a cat. I spread my wings out wide and stood defensively. My combat knife flew through the air and landed in my right hand as I brought it to me with my mind.

Thor's eyes grew wide with amazement. Fire engulfed my left hand as I balled it into a fist, my eyes taken over by dancing flames.

Thor's eyes grew wider and he stepped back, startled. He held his hand out and his hammer flew to his hand. He too got into a defensive stance.

Now that I knew this was the Norse god, Thor, I also knew that the hammer was Mjolnir. Only those worthy of it could actually use it. If you weren't worthy, you wouldn't be able to pick it up. I had to avoid it at all costs.

I got ready to pounce. My hair was messy, my bangs covering my eyes a bit, but I ignored them. Before I could attack, Steve jumped in between us and held his hands out, then turned to me.

Where is Abby?

I looked at the others and found her in Clint's arms.

"Hey, Alexx, look at me. Calm down. He didn't know." Steve said calmly.

My eyes darted around fearfully, then settled on Steve's calm, blue eyes. He would never do anything to hurt me. He would never let anyone or anything hurt me. He said so himself.

Steve slowly walked toward me, like I was a skittish deer ready to dart at any given moment. And I felt like one. My walls were high up and my body and senses were on high alert.

Steve continued walking toward me until he was a foot away, his palms out to me. He looked at the combat knife in my hand, then back up into my eyes. His arm extended toward me and his hand went to the knife, grabbing it. I let him take it. He tossed it to Nat and she quickly put it away. Steve put both hands on my shoulders and looked into my eyes. The calmness in his eyes helped me calm down. I extinguished the fire that covered my hand and the fire in my eyes disappeared.

Tears began to form and silently slide down my cheeks. Steve looked at me with sad eyes and I couldn't look at him anymore. My eyes fell to my feet and my wings fell limp. I wanted to shrink and hide from the world. The closest I could get to that was turning into a cat, but I didn't want to do that.

I fell to my knees, my hands over my face as I began to cry. Steve knelt beside me, pulling me to his chest, his arms wrapped tightly around me. His embrace made me cry harder. I buried my face into Steve's chest, tears staining his shirt. Abby walked over and rested her head on Steve's leg, looking up at me sadly as she whined.

I had acted like a wild animal, like a monster. The feeling of being hugged was so foreign to me. How had I gotten to this point in my life where I turned into a murderous beast if someone just touched me?

"It's okay, Alexx. You are not a monster." Steve whispered into my ear, seeming to read my mind.

Steve's comment made me cry more, tears pouring down my cheeks as I clutched his shirt.

After a few minutes, I became tired and was half asleep with my face buried in Steve's chest, my wings limp and laying across the floor. Everyone still stood there, unsure of what to do.

Steve held me and carried me away from the living room. I could hear Abby's nails on the floor as she followed Steve. He laid me on silk sheets that reminded me of my bed, but it wasn't my bed.

I felt the bed move as Steve laid next to me. He wrapped his arm around my body and pulled me to him, my back pressed against his chest. Feeling Steve so close, I no longer had the desire to hide. I used his arm as a pillow, his other arm still wrapped around me. Abby jumped up and laid next to me. I was so comfortable that I soon fell asleep.