Chapter 32

Waking up I checked my phone that was sitting on my bedside table and saw that there were a few messages mostly from Eb saying she was sorry for falling asleep last night.

I laughed before replying that it was fine and that I would come over later and collect Hermie my pet hermit crab from their house.

I got up and changed into something comfortable since it was going to be a warm day today. I finished tying up my hair into a pony tail before heading towards the kitchen to grab my car keys so I could go over to Ebony's house.

Entering the kitchen I saw Macaulay sitting at the table eating a massive bowl of Milo cereal, and mum sitting at the other end drinking her coffee and reading the local paper.

"You sure you don't want a bucket for your bowl?" I asked Macaulay

"Nope this is fine thanks, where are you off too?" Macaulay replied now looking at me.

"I'm going to get Hermie from Ebony's" I simply said back.

“I thought that thing died" Macaulay casually said placing his bowl in the dishwasher.

"That's a bit harsh, Hermie has been alive for a long time now Macaulay" I said a bit annoyed.

"Whatever"

"Well on that note I'm going, mum I'll be home later" I calmly said.

Okay sweetie, have fun and be careful" mum said still reading the paper.

I grabbed my keys and started heading towards the front door when Macaulay called out.

"Wait, can you please give me a lift to the mechanics, Logan text me to say that my car is ready to be picked up" he said now begging.

"Fine then, let's go, bye mum" we both yelled out before going through the front door and heading towards my car that was parked in the shed in the front yard.

As I dropped Macaulay off at the mechanics Logan came walking out covered in grease and grime and walked over to my car.

“Don’t you dare think about leaning against my car when you’re looking like that Logan, I mean it” I said seriously.

“Wasn’t planning to ray-ban, hey are you heading to my place?” he asked me changing the subject.

“Yeah heading there now to get Hermie and chill why?” I asked

“Can you give this to my mum for me?” he said handing me a black folder.

“Sure what is it exactly?” I asked.

“It’s my apprenticeship information I was going to take it home in my break but since your here you can do it for me” he said smiling.