Chapter 3

Well the two weeks went by really quickly which was good as much as it was boring without mum and dad around, Macaulay and I managed well always getting phone calls from mum and dad and the odd Skype session I had with grandmother and grandfather as well as mum and dad was good, we usually went over to Aunt Sarah’s house for dinner the nights that Macaulay and Logan had football training and went with them to the games on Saturday seeming that I played netball after the guys so we watched each other play like we usually do.

Much to Ebony’s annoyance because all the girls in her team check them out all the time when they are watching me play, the funniest thing is that the guys are so oblivious to it that they don’t realise such goof balls.

Today was the day that we were going to England for the summer much to Ebony, Logan, Kylie, Sienna and Josh, Rhys annoyance since we go for a couple of months they don’t see us unless we Skype each other which isn’t the same. I always Skype the girls more than the guys since the last time I skyped Josh he decided to moon the screen, so now I just text him instead or go on with Macaulay so he doesn’t do it while Macaulay is around.

As the boarding call came over the speaker for our flight we gave everyone who came which was the whole group, a hug before walking over to the gate to get our ticket scanned and walked onto the plane to find our seat I got the aisle seat while Macaulay got the window seat which was fine by me until a kid behind thought that my seat was a trampoline and kept pushing his feet into my back, so I decided to get Macaulay and said that I wanted to swap with him so I could sleep forgetting to tell him about the kid until an hour after we swapped he got the kid pushing into his back with his feet  his face was priceless and I knew I was going to get it when we got off the flight in London.

As the flight was closer to landing the pilot came over the speaker saying “hello ladies and gentlemen the plane will be landing in 15 minutes please return to your seats and buckle up for the landing thank you for flying with us and have a nice stay” before disconnecting the speaker.

“Well looks like we are about to arrive” I said to Macaulay who was just waking up from his uncomfortable sleep

“Hmm yeah I guess we are, hey what’s outside the window can you see anything yet?” he asked as I looked out the window only to see we were going over the palace and then saw something that only we would understand

“Yeah we are going over the palace and look what grandmother and grandfather have done to the roof of the palace” I said to Macaulay as he was leaning over me to see out the window

“Oh wow I can’t believe they did that for us” he said shocked well I was shocked when I saw it too. On the roof was a symbol of a cross and locket something that the family wears, a cross for the guys and a locket for the women something that has been tradition for decades something that symbolises family it was special for us and we wear ours everyday in the end they are our lucky charms, the only time they come off is when we are playing sport.

As we landed at the airport in London we got off and went out to where loved ones were waiting for their family members etc when I spotted mum and dad straight away and started walking over to them dragging Macaulay along with me until we were closer to them.

As soon as we were close enough mum got me and Macaulay in a hug before dad engulfed us in an even bigger one “can’t breathe” I choked out until dad put us down in which we all laughed.

“Nice to see you too kids it’s been a while” dad said in a sarcastic tone as mum just laughed at him

“Well we would have said something until you got us in a hug before we could say anything to you both” Macaulay said laughing

“Sorry guys it been a long two weeks please forgive us” mum said in a sympathetic voice

“Anyway let’s get going I really want to see grandmother and grandfather I missed them and say thank you for what they did to the roof of the palace” I said in a cheerful voice

********************

We all piled into the car that dad was driving heading to the cottage that grandmother and grandfather live in most of the year when they don’t have duties at the palace and to have peace and quiet from the public tours, the cottage didn’t have any staff as such only the grounds staff and cleaners that come once a week to tend to the gardens and cottage because grandmother and grandfather like to be independent and hate being a burden on others.

Once we arrived at the cottage both Macaulay and I got straight out of the car and ran inside to greet our grandparents who we haven’t seen for a year, both of them were sitting in the lounge room grandfather was reading the paper while grandmother was reading some letters from members of the public when they both looked up and saw us both standing there.

“Your finally here, how was the flight?”

“It was great thanks grandmother and the roof on the palace looks great when did you do that?” I asked

“oh you saw the roof we didn’t think you would since its only small but big enough that you can see from the air” grandfather said

“Are you kidding me grandfather that was awesome what you guys did even got pictures to show the others when we get back” Macaulay said

You see only Aunt Sarah, Uncle Joe, Logan and Ebony know about us being related to the Queen and King of England because we don’t want everyone knowing since dad has lived in Australia for a long time to get away from the business of the Palace and to keep the privacy for us as we grow up unlike him, he grew up in the spotlight all the time and couldn’t do what we did now growing up, hence why only mums sister and her family know.

“Well why don’t you two get settled into your rooms before we have dinner” grandmother said as we each gave her a kiss and cuddle before getting our bags from the door to take to our rooms.

The cottage is pretty big with 6 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms a formal study, lounge room, movie room, kitchen/dining room and much more but it was homely. My room was pretty big with a queen bed in the middle with its own bathroom, TV, desk and couch, it had light beige walls and I had decorated it with pictures of our times here and out and about. Macaulay’s room was the same as mine but he decorated it in sport posters and AFL players which looked good.

After we settled into our rooms unpacking our clothes into our walk in robe we headed to dinner which was a traditional roast lamb with roast vegetables that grandmother and mum had prepared for us all. After dinner we were sitting around the table talking about what’s been happening since we were there last having general conversation when grandmother told me that a certain someone missed me while I was gone, I knew who it was straight away and asked if I could go see them to which everyone replied “yes” I excused myself from the table and ran out the back door grabbing my jacket on the way and heading towards the stables to see my horse Locket who I have missed the most lately.

-----------------------------

vote

comment

please