Chapter 15

The next morning after I had my shower my tan looked better than what it did last night and thankfully I wasn’t looking like an oompa loompa like Miles said.

I walked into the kitchen only to be greeted by Macaulay.

“Where is everyone?” I asked.

“well dad forgot to pack a tie and his shirt is to tight so he and mum went into town to fix that problem, Grandmother and Grandfather are with Charla going through some last minute details regarding security in the office, Sandrine is in the main kitchen sorting out staff and food for tonight, and I have no idea where Miles and Ashton are” he said.

With that both Ashton and Miles walked into the kitchen, Miles stood near the door while Ashton casually walked over to the other side of the room and stood there.

“Well as much as I like to sit and chat with you baby sis, I have places to go and people to see” Macaulay said getting up from his seat and walking towards the door.

“So where exactly are you going big bro?”I questioned him smiling at him.

He stopped mid way and turned around giving me a simple look before speaking

“Well I have to go to the ballroom and check out the band playing” he said proudly.

“Hate to inform you but it’s an orchestra playing not some band” I said to him smartly.

“Uh.........yeah” he said rubbing the back of his neck with his hand.

“Anyway I got to go” he said before finally heading out the door.

Not long after Macaulay left the room Miles followed him, which I thought was odd since he was security for me.

“Ashton, why is Miles following Macaulay around today?” I asked him.

“well, I heard him going on about you looking like an oompa loompa, then a door slamming and thought you were niggling at each other, so I decided to swap with him today and to make sure you are safe for tonight’s gala dinner and having fun” he simply stated.

“thanks for that Ashton, yeah we weren’t fighting last night, I just got tired and wanted to go to bed, and the only way to shut him up was to slam my door to get my point across” I said back to him.

“Well I understand he sure can be a dick sometimes” Ashton replied.

“You have got that right” I said smiling.

“So Reagan what are you plans for the morning?” Ashton asked me.

“Hmm.............. I don’t know I have my hair and makeup appointment at 2.00pm so until then I have nothing planned unless someone wants me for anything” I said back to Ashton.

*********************

The rest of the day consisted of: eating, brief meetings regarding tonight, watching Grandmother and Grandfather do a walk through for the opening of the gala, watched Macaulay get  Miles by running then suddenly stopping making Miles collide with Macaulay’s back while Ashton and myself laughed at the whole thing unfold.

And now I was sitting in the chair in the beauty room getting my hair and makeup done for tonight. I decided that I wanted my hair down but lightly curled and messy at the same time, while my makeup was natural mostly with blue eye shadow that matched my dress.

After I was done in the beauty room I was free to go and change into my dress for tonight as we were leaving in half an hour. I went to my room and walked into my wardrobe to get my dress, shoes and accessories out and placed them on the bed ready to change into.