Chapter 1

"GOAL" I heard from the lounge room where the boys were hanging around, like they usually do, having an older brother and cousin who play AFL it's not often that they are not here usually after Macaulay and Logan our cousin finish football training they come back to our house and watch TV and hangout with like most of the team, sometimes it sucks being the only girl apart from my mum of course.

To hang around boys all the time gets annoying, so usually I go to Logan's house instead and hang with our younger cousin ebony who is a year younger than me being 16.

But today I decided to go home instead knowing full well the boys were there from the yelling I could hear from the front door.

As I entered the front door and chucked my keys on the side table and dropped by bag by the door I went to find out where all the noise was coming from, to my surprise I was greeted by Macaulay and Logan rolling around the lounge room floor wrestling with each other and also getting egged on by the other guys who were over too which didn't help at all.

"What exactly is going on in here"? Was the first question I asked the group of guys who were sitting around watching.

"Umm they had a bet going" was what Rhys said with a confused look on his face

"And what would that bet be if the two of them are doing that" I said pointing to the two buffoons on the floor

"Haha it was something to do with the game on TV" said Josh from the couch

I turned my head so I was looking at the TV and saw that St Kilda had lost to Sydney swans by 59 points.

"Haha I know what it's about now these two decide every year that when St Kilda and Sydney play each other they have a bet to see which one of their teams wins" I explained to Josh and Rhys who nodded their heads

"And obviously Logan won since he goes for Sydney and is waiting to get paid from Macaulay who by the looks of it isn't going to pay up" Was all I said before walking into the kitchen to get two pot lids ready to bang them together to stop the guys from doing damage to the lounge room before mum and dad got home from work.

BANG CLANG CRASH

"OW STOP what the hell Reagan" was all that Logan and Macaulay said before I interjected them and told Macaulay to just pay Logan and get the room back to normal before mum and dad got home, before I walked out the room and headed into my room to get changed out of my uncomfortable uniform and into a pair of shorts and t-shirt before heading back out into the kitchen to greet mum since she came in while I was getting changed.

"Hey mum how was work, oh and what's for dinner?" I asked before walking around to the other side of the bench and sitting down on a stool

"Hey sweetie, work was busy today for once which is good I hate sitting around doing nothing. And we are having lasagne for dinner so can you please go and ask your brother and his mates if they want to stay for dinner"

"fine will do, and you did realise that Logan is here too I'm guessing he would go home tonight cos aunt Sarah is annoyed that he is here again for dinner like he was the past two nights" I said to mum before walking into the lounge room to find the guys sitting around Macaulay's laptop laughing at what was on the screen

"Hey mum wants to know if you guys want to stay for dinner."

"Nah not tonight Rea got other things on tonight" Josh said with a smile

"Hmm depends on what you are having" Rhys said

"Lasagne"

"I would but mum wants me home tonight something about dads business partner coming over for dinner" Rhys said

"That's fine, and NO Logan Aunt Sarah wants you home tonight" I said with a laugh before walking back into the kitchen to tell mum.

A few minutes later Josh and Rhys walked into the kitchen to say goodbye to mum before they went home, each giving her a kiss on the cheek like they always do. See Macaulay, Josh and Rhys grew up with each other starting at Preschool together and have been best friends since, and Logan well he is a year older than the three guys being 20 he plays football at the local club with them and well he is our cousin and he gets along with everyone so the four of them are as thick as thieves.

"Catch ya later Rea" Josh said before giving me a hug and kiss on the forehead like he usually does

"Back at ya Josh" I said before doing our handshake something we always say and do to each other before each one of us leaves.

"Cya later Reagan" Rhys said with a small smile before walking out of the kitchen

Me and Rhys aren't as close to each other like I am with Josh because I guess it had something to do with the time I accidently knocked over a glass of water sitting on the table and getting his study notes wet, hey it wasn't my fault that his and Macaulay's notes were scattered all over the kitchen table leaving no space to work, since then he hardly speaks to me ha his loss not mine.

"Well I'm off too because mum wants me home at least one night for dinner, she thinks that I have forgotten what her food tastes like" Logan said before giving mum a hug and sloppy kiss on the cheek.

"Night ray-ban don't miss me too much" Logan said to me after he kissed me on the head with a grin on his face

"Haha very funny I definitely won't miss you I'm glad your finally going now you can annoy ebony for once and not me" I said with a sarcastic tone

"Whatever you say ray-ban" he said as he walked out of the room

Why does Logan call me ray-ban you ask? Well he has a habit of leaving his ray-bans here all the time and since they are my favourite brand and style of sunnies I always take them and wear them around just to annoy him he soon got the message after the fourth pair of sunnies went missing now he calls me that and plus it's like a nick name for me too seeming my name is Reagan so it makes sense.

"When is dad getting home from work" I asked mum who was dishing up dinner

With that dad walked in the front door and into the kitchen

"Where's Macaulay" dad said just as Macaulay walked in the room

"Right here dad why what's up?"

"Family meeting I have important news to tell you all"

Well this should be good I thought to myself before sitting down at the dinner table waiting for dad to tell us what this 'important news' was exactly.

-----------------------------

vote

comment

please