Chapter 31

It felt good to wake up in my own bed, after spending nearly a month with Grandmother and Grandfather and sleeping in the bed there. It is soo much different than sleeping in your own bed; even though I picked out the bed at the cottage I still love the bed at home.

After waking up at around 2:00pm, I know I slept in late, but this jetlag as totally gotten to me. I tackled the last bit of unpacking I had to do before everyone was coming over to catch up. As I placed the last item of clothing into the laundry basket in the corner of my room, my bedroom door swung open and I was tackled to the ground by my two best friends Kylie and Sienna.

“Tell us everything! What happened over there? Did you hook up with anyone?” both girls said to me in a rush.

“Later, heaps happened, and not exactly” was all I said to answer their questions.

“NOT EXACTLY what’s that suppose to mean?” both girls said in unison.

“Like I said I’ll tell you both later, now let’s go and get some food I’m starving” I said trying to get off the topic that I didn’t want to face yet.

I haven’t spoken to Miles since what happened and even though I promised Grandmother that I would fix it up I can’t bring myself to do it, every time I think about it I start to tear up and slowly breakdown on the inside.

****************************************

We arrived outside where everyone was either sitting around talking or kicking the football. There was quite a few of us that were currently at our house all up there was: mum, dad, me, Macaulay, Uncle Joe, Aunt Sarah, Ebony, Logan and Josh, Rhys, Kylie and Sienna and Nan and Pop who were mum’s and Aunt Sarah’s parents. 

“I’m going to get the pizza who wants to come with me?” Uncle Joe yelled out, to which dad got up and went with him to help, while the rest of us relaxed outside.

“So are you going to fill us in on the holiday?” Kylie said to me, while Ebony and Sienna waited eagerly for my answer.

“Fine” I managed to groan out to which the girls smiled and jumped up and down to.

I filled in the girls everything about the holiday from the cricket, my horse event, the gala dinner, hospital and everything else except the whole Miles issue.

I was about to tell the girls about the flight home but dad and Uncle Joe yelled out that Pizza is ready.

I quickly got up and went inside to grab pizza before all the guys ate it and went and joined the girls now sitting on the lounge room floor eating their pizza.

“Lucky you got to the pizza before the guys did, there is hardly any left” I said as I sat down next to Ebony.

“At our house it’s either get in quick or miss out, sorry Rea but its true fact” Sienna said leaning against the couch.

“Yeah, the joys of having brothers who eat like mountain men” I said taking a bite of my pizza.

Its true fact, we all have older brothers but in Kylie’s case she and Seb are twins and Kylie is older by 10 minutes. Sienna’s older brother Angus is 22 while Logan is 21 and Macaulay is 19.

We finished eating dinner when mum came into the lounge room to tell Ebony and I that Nan and Pop were leaving. The two of us got up and went in the kitchen to say goodbye to them before heading back to the lounge room.

At this stage the TV had been turned on and all the guys were piled in watching an AFL match, their eyes glued to the screen. Without saying a word both Kylie and Sienna both got up and walked towards where I was standing at the door.

“Let’s go chill in your room, I’m soo over guys at the moment” Kylie said walking towards my room.

It’s hard for Kylie since she and Seb are twins nearly half of the male population in our year are at her house since Seb is friends with everyone.

***************************************

The rest of the night was spent talking about the holiday and getting the gossip from here until it was time for the girls to leave. I walked both Kylie and Sienna out while Ebony was still sleeping on my bed, since Aunt Sarah and Uncle Joe were still here.

I gave the girls a hug before leaving them and heading back inside. When I got back inside everyone else who was still here were all getting ready to leave and head home.

“Uh Ebony is still asleep on my bed if you are looking for her” I said to Uncle Joe.

“Thanks Rea, I figured she would be there, I’m just going to go get her now” he said walking towards my room.

Not long later Joe walked down the hallway holding Ebony bridal style in his arms, we said out goodbyes before we all headed off to our respected rooms ready for bed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

don't forget to

vote

comment

share

follow

please

thanks to everyone who take the time to read and vote for my story. you have no idea how much it means to me, to know that my story is being read and people are enjoying it, take this as my sincere thankyou.

until next update

enjoy