Chapter 24

It was mid morning before the family left to go to the other side of England to stay with Aunt Ethel and visit John and Ruby.

We arrived at Aunt Ethel’s house and were greeted by the staff that took our bags and put them in our rooms we said our thanks before heading towards the sitting room where Aunt Ethel was.

Walking into the sitting room we were not only greeted by Aunt Ethel, John, Ruby, Chelsea and the newest addition Hamish were all sitting in the room quietly talking as Hamish was asleep in Ruby’s arms.

Little Chelsea looked up from her toys on the floor and spotted Macaulay and ran straight over to him and jumping in his arms, which got a chuckle from the rest of the family.

 I walked over and sat next to Ruby who placed little Hamish in my arms for a cuddle, Hamish was 2 weeks old as Ruby went into labour a couple of days after the Gala we knew we were visiting soon so we decided to wait and not be a burden on them until now.

“He is adorable he looks a lot like you though Rubs, sorry John but its true” I said.

“I know he does, Chelsea looks a lot like John and Hamish got my looks” Ruby said smiling at her son in my arms.

I gave Hamish back to Ruby when he started to stir knowing that he was due for a nappy change and went and greeted the rest of the family by giving hugs and kisses.

It was mid afternoon when John, Ruby and the kids left as it was getting close to Chelsea’s dinner time we said our goodbyes and that we would visit them tomorrow at their house.

After they left I headed towards the room where I was staying taking my time looking at the family pictures that aligned the walls and all the memories that each of the pictures held. I got to the room eventually to freshen up ready for dinner.

I changed into a simple grey floral dress with a dark grey cardigan and a simple pair of flats; I braided my hair in a loose pony tail before heading out to the dining room.

Once seated in the dining room one of Aunt Ethel’s servants brought out dinner and placed it on the table and then soon left, we all got some food before starting to eat. The odd conversation came up but the table stayed pretty quiet the rest of the meal.

The family finished dinner and headed into the sitting room for tea and coffee before going to bed. I wasn’t feeling well after dinner so I decided to excuse myself and go to bed early.

I walked up to the room and went in search for my kit. I no sooner sat on the bed when there was a knock on the door.

“Come in its open” I said to the person on the other side.

The door opened and mum came in and sat next to me on the bed.

“Are you feeling alright, you looked pale at dinner” mum said concerned.

“I'm not sure to be honest, can you check my levels please?” I asked mum feeling weak.