Chapter 10

I woke up to Macaulay and Logan sitting on me, mind you it was 7am and usually I’m a morning person but this morning I wasn’t.

“Get your ass up now Reagan Anne Prairie” Macaulay practically yelled into my ear.

It must be serious if he is pulling out the full name card.

“Fine I’m up, why are you both up this early anyway?" I replied still groggy from sleep.

“Well little cousin I’m leaving today and you and your brother are taking me to the airport” this time Logan said sarcastically.

“Why this early, seriously I thought you weren’t a morning person Logan”

“Well this was the earliest flight I could get home and well yeah” he said as both of them walked out of my room.

“We leave in 5mins so be ready” Macaulay yelled as he was walking away.

I got up and proceeded to put on some jeans and a long sleeved shirt with a jacket, and walked out into the living room of Dan’s apartment.

“Good your ready, let’s go” Macaulay said hurrying me out the door.

We left Dan's apartment and headed out to the airport where we would meet up with mum and dad so they could say goodbye to Logan and to make sure he gets on the plane.

We got to the airport and headed straight into check in so Logan wouldn’t miss the check in time, before we went to find mum and dad.

They weren’t that hard to find as they were waiting by the security checkers waiting for us to get to them, and a plus they had hot chocolate for us all.

The call came over that the flight to Australia will be departing in 10minutes; we all said our goodbyes to Logan and watched as he walked through the security point and through to the other side to the tarmac.

With Logan gone, Macaulay and I left back to Dan’s apartment to pack our bags and head back to the cottage with mum and dad; Dan was staying at his apartment for another day as he didn’t have to work until the Monday.

We left the apartment and headed back to the cottage to see grandmother and grandfather and to relax before the busy part of our stay came.

We arrived back to the cottage, to the smell of toasted sandwiches that grandmother made, we all sat around the table talking when Macaulay piped up.

“So what’s the plan for the rest of the day?” he asked

“Well good thing you asked, well your mother and I are going to visit my old friend from school, who is in town and catch up, while you two are going to spend time with your grandparents because I know you both have been dying to catch up with them.” Dad said

It has been a while since the four of us, meaning Macaulay, grandmother, grandfather and I have had a chance to spend time together since we have been here so when dad said he and mum were going out, Macaulay and I looked at each other before smiling like we were reading minds.

“About time we finally get to spend time with our grandchildren” grandmother said excitedly.

Mum and dad left not long after lunch, leaving the four of us at the cottage to spend time with each other, we mostly talked about what’s been happening back home, how netball and football was going as well as school and university which was good, before we were asking how it was going being the Queen and King and all the other stuff that goes with being in that role.

******************

It was later in the afternoon when I asked both my grandparents if it was ok that I go and ride Locket, they both agreed and Macaulay also asked if he can come too which I said was ok because I knew Cross was missing him.