Chapter 25

Helen (mum) POV

As I watch my only daughter lay helpless in the hospital bed in a deep sleep, I couldn’t help but think what would have happened if I didn’t get to her when I did, where would she be now? As these thoughts ran through my head I didn’t notice that Chris had come back in the room holding coffee.

“Sorry didn’t mean to startle you, I got you a coffee, well a poor excuse of a coffee in my eyes” Chris said handing me the cup and sitting on the chair next to me.

“Your okay I was lost in thought, thank you for the coffee, when will my baby wake up?” I asked as my eyes glistened with unshed tears.

 It had been a long 24 hours at the hospital waiting for Reagan to regain conscious or even show signs of movement, but nothing happened, we decided to send Macaulay home with Chris’s Aunt Ethel last night, while the two of us stayed at the hospital waiting for Reagan to wake up.

“I’m sure she will wake up soon, we have to stay strong” Chris said pulling me into a hug.

This is the first time that something like this has happened to Reagan since she got diagnosed with diabetes when she was 14; I only knew what to do back at the house because Joe had talked to me about what to do in a situation like this.

The doctor had come in a number of times checking for improvements in which there wasn’t any and gave a sympathetic look before leaving again.

It had been a few hours when Macaulay came back with a bag of clothes for us as well as for Reagan when she wakes up.

“Please tell me she is conscious and is just resting” Macaulay said looking at Reagan lying in the bed.

“No sweetie she hasn’t moved, I’m sorry” was all I managed to get out before the unshed tears from earlier left and trickled down my cheeks staining them on the way.

“why don’t you and dad go get some air, I know you haven’t left Rea’s side but it will do you good, I will stay by her side and call you if anything happens promise” Macaulay said.

Knowing what Macaulay was saying was true but I just couldn’t leave Reagan’s side.

“come on Helen you need a break, Macaulay said he will call if anything changes you need to freshen up, we both do now come with me please” I hear Chris say from beside me.

I grabbed my handbag and gave Reagan a kiss on the forehead and gave Macaulay a hug before leaving with Chris to get some air and to freshen up.

 We were in the hospital canteen when my phone started ringing; I quickly grabbed my phone checking the caller id before answering it.

“Macaulay what’s wrong? Is Reagan okay?” was all I said panic in my voice.

“You better come quickly its Reagan” Macaulay said.

“We are on our way” I said before hanging up the phone and grabbing Chris before running down to Reagan’s room.

Macaulay POV

Mum and dad just left the room finally to get some air and to freshen up, while I stayed waiting for anything to happen.

I decided to check my messages since I had a few mostly from Aunt Sarah wanting to know so she could pass it on to the others back at home, saving me from dealing with it while I'm still waiting for my sister to wake up.

I was sitting in the chair next to Reagan’s bed reading a magazine that dad had when I heard a noise coming from Reagan’s bed, I looked up surprised at what I was seeing, I started to call mum when she picked up on the second ring.

“Macaulay what’s wrong? Is Reagan okay?” mum said hearing the panic in her voice.

“You better come quickly its Reagan” I said calmly.

“We are on our way” mum said in a rushed tone then the phone went silent.

I quickly buzzed the doctor before I started to pace the room waiting for mum and dad to arrive back from the canteen and for the doctor to arrive as well.

--------End of POV---------

--------------------------------------------------------

so I left on a cliff hanger

and I had different POV

sorry its short but I wanted to update

comment what you think happened to Reagan, the person who guesses right will get a dedication to the next chapter.

and don't forget to

vote

comment

share

follow me

please