Chapter IV • Town Style

I stood outside the forest line, I only went past this when I hunted, but today I'm going for a different reason, to look for members to join me, and upgrade my wardrobe a bit.

The quickest way to get to Groundsville would be by wolf. I took my my polka dotted dress and shoved it into a small purse, perfect. I shifted into white wolf and began my journey.

A couple hours later I knew I was close to Groundsville, at least half a mile. I shifted back and changed into my cloths. "Okay, I'm ready, just so ready," I told myself as I walked out of the forest.

My eyes went wide when I saw everything. I've snuck into packs, but I never got a close look at stuff. The cats were so different from the picture books back at my manor, they looked.. cooler.

I swallowed my fear and walked by the road, looking for a possible store. I don't know how I could recruit somebody. I can't just walk up and ask if they want to join my pack. I didn't think this through. Well, I at the least need to get cloths.

I spotted a large sign that read 'mall', with stores listed below. I but my lip and decided why not. When I walked in I noticed a lot of stores in this one complex, what a creative idea. Now, where first.

I walked around and went into just about every store, carefully picking my clothes. After three hours, the sun was setting and I was done. Who knew trying on and looking for clothes could be tiring? Not me for sure. I sigh and look back into my bag- for tips I got a crop tip hoodie that is light pink, a crop top with this cute face thingy on it and am off the shoulder lace top. I got two pairs of jeans and a black skirt. As for shoes, they're shoes, I don't know specifics. And lastly, a red gown for the meeting. It was hard for me to find, so somebody helped me. I felt real stupid.

"Mall closing in 10 minute." I jumped a bit, I don't know how somebody talks that loud, but I guess it was my time to leave.

I got off the bench and went outside, it was completely dark out. I groaned, I did not want to go home now. I looked around, maybe there is a motel. I walked down the street, making sure to take my time and look around. Everything seemed so much more peaceful this time of day.

Sometimes I passed by other strangers, lots of them with their hoods up. I'm guessing it was a style of some kind. People really do look different than they did 60 plus years ago, but as I said, time changes things.

I noticed a motel up the street, I smiled lightly, knowing I'd be safe for the night. I hurried my walk, but stopped when I thought I heard noises. I continued, but heard it again, and this time I knew where it was coming from, the ally. I slowly went towards the whimpering, wondering what was going on. I took a sniff of the air, rogue and... a pack wolf.

I gulped and went behind one of the big trash cans and shifted, tearing my cloths to shreds, I had no care for them right now. I walked straight into the alleyway.

The pack wolf was male and crouching in fear while the rogue female walked closer and closer to him. I took a whiff of myself, I had the odd stench of rogue and Alpha mixed together.

I growled at the rogue, challenging her. Asking her to stop would be nothing but failure.

She turned slowly towards me, "Who the fuck do you think you are?" she growls and takes a small sniff in the air, "Why the hell do you smell of a rogue, but also an Alpha-" she stops herself, "An Alpha, fuck, I'm out of here!" she hops over the fence runs away. I don't try and stop her. All rogues know Alphas are stronger, but I don't know if I am. I don't know if it is transferred through the blood or do I really have to work for it?

The boy looks up at me with gleaming eyes, "Can you shift so I can properly thank you?" he asks me with a soft voice.

I nod and go behind the trash can again, shifting into my naked form. I put on my new cloths and headed out with all my stuff in hand.

He was now standing up and he turned towards me. "Oh my-" he smiles, "Thank you Alpha..."

"Fluffy," I say quietly. Even though I was shopping all day I didn't say one word. Not one.

"Fluffy? Is that your real name?" he asks me unsurely. I guess Fluffy wasn't a real name in this society. I didn't want to tell him about my lost identity.

I shake my head yes, "And yours?" I say, wondering what his name was. I believe this is how introductions go. So far so good, I haven't freaked out yet.

"Damien," he pauses for a moment, "Here, let me take you out to eat as a huge thank you for saving my life. We can talk more there." He doesn't let me reply and he grabs my hands, we run for a few seconds before he stops.

"Here," he hands me a beanie, "Put it on, and also this," he tossed a cologne bottle. I listen and somehow shoved all my hair that went to my knees into the hat. I pretty much dumped the cologne on me too. "Okay, good." I nod and we continue on. Doing this was for the best, I'm going to reveal myself at the Alpha meeting.

"Here we are," Damien says as we stop in front of a café, "best place in town, now come on in Fluffy!" I smiled as he said my name, it sounded so.. free? Nice?- just a wonderful  feeling.

We sit down at a booth, on opposite sides. I opened the menu and read trough all the foods. I felt like drooling, all of it looked so good!

"I'm getting the strawberry and whip cream waffles!" Damien shouts. I let out a small laugh and read through the rest.

"I'll get the same then," I say to him. My voice was soft, I wasn't a loud person. If I didn't smell like it, people would think I'm an Omega.

The lady took our orders and gave us fizzing  drinks. "What's this?" I ask looking at it funny.

"You have never had soda!" Damien gives me a surprised look. I shake my head no, I lived in isolation and modernization doesn't reach me. "Try it." He shoves a straw into the drink and hands it to me. I take it and take a sip, freezing up. It tasted good, but also really odd.

Damien laughs and shakes his head, "I'm curious, how can a girl be an Alpha?" he asks me. Ordinarily Alphas were males and Luna's were females, but I really smelt like man. That sounds awful, I really don't want to think of it like this again.

I thought for a moment, would it be okay to tell him? I don't think it's that big of a deal. "I was given the position." I take another sip of the soda drink.

Damien gives me a nod, "What pack you rule?" he asks me another question. Guess we are playing a question game, question the Alpha more specifically.

I gulp, "You wouldn't know them, I've travelled far," I lie. I felt bad, but I guarantee the Howlers are well known since they created packs and the council. 

"Oh okay, well here comes our food. We can talk after we eat!" He grins and gets out his plastic fork. I look down and see I have a plastic fork, spoon and knife. Plastic is precious, why use it for such utensils? This new world is confusing to me.

•••

Hey guys, hope you're enjoying so far! Here is the cloths Fluffy bought. I used Polyvore (my savior!).

 I used Polyvore (my savior!)