Chapter Thirty

I can't believe I am actually doing this. 

I have just sat on a plane for what felt like days and now here I am. Standing in front of some mechanic shop, the glow of the sunset illiminating the figures within. It hadn't been hard to track Roy with my league training and all, but now that I am here and actually looking at him, I can't do it.

I watch him, with a few of his work buddies, sipping beers in the shop for it had just closed. I am hidden around the corner so he can't see me but I'm still frozen in fear.

What am I doing?

I'm crazy.

I can't do this.

What the hell was I thinking getting on that plane?

I turn around to leave but accidentally knock over a trash can as I go. I cringe and just as I'm about to sprint away, a voice stops me.

"Is someone there?"

It hasn't even been a full 24 hours but my heart aches at the sound of his voice, I have missed it.

God dammit.

I slowly walk around the corner and lift my eyes up to the scene. Roy stands in front of the others but they are all on their feet. The four men behind him look at me curiously and I can't help but feel self conscious under their gazes. I take a deep breath before I finally meet Roy's eyes. A mixture of shock but also relief rests in his eyes.

"Hey Harper," I say softly.

"Carson," he breaths out, still in shock.

"Dude you know her?" One of the guy's ask Roy but Roy barely nods in acknowledgement, his eyes still trained on me.

"Alright listen here Harper and don't you dare interrupt me," I say, my confidence returning to me causing his lips to curve up slightly at the corners. "I don't follow people, I don't chase people, if they leave me I let them go. I deal with the hurt and try to move on. I've never had the guts to ever go after someone that left-"

"You're the gutsiest person I know," he says with a small smile.

"I said don't interrupt me," I snap playfully at him and he smiles.

"But for some reason, this time was different and I couldn't just let you go. I don't know what's so special about you Harper, but I don't know, this time was different. Ew gross I sound all sappy," I grumble and a chuckle escapes his lips.

"I truly don't understand what's so special about you, like I don't get why I love you enough to follow you across the country. You seem pretty average from where I'm standing like you're just a normal average guy, there's nothing that special about you-" I begin to ramble but he walks up to me, grabbing my waist and smashing our lips together.

His hands grip my waist tightly, pulling me as close as I possibly can be to him. His lips caress mine with so much love and passion, I practically melt into him. His hands find their way to the small of my back as I reach mine to his neck. All the hurt I have felt dissappears instantaneously as he holds me in his arms. Eventually, we break apart, our foreheads resting together.

"Shut up would ya Carson?" He says with a smirk and I can't help but smile.

"I mean I really don't see what's so special about yo-" I begin again with a teasing smirk however he cuts me off with another kiss.

He smiles against my lips and I smile back as I deepen the kiss. A few hoots and wolf whistle arise from Roy's coworkers causing us to break apart.

"Damn Roy, why didn't you tell us you had a girl?" One of them exclaims and I chuckle.

"Because I didn't think I had one," he says softly and I look up at him to see the guilt in his eyes.

"You will always have me," I say, surprising myself and him. "I'm not that easy to get rid of,"

"Clearly," he says and I roll my eyes at him.

"Hey!" I exclaim and he chuckles.

"I'm kidding I'm kidding," he says softly.

"You better be," I snap with a glare and he continues to smile at me.

"You're cute when you're mad," he says and I scowl at him.

"Shut up," I grumble and he just chuckles.

"I love you," he whispers gently to me.

I can't help but smile as he says this and I shake my head.

"God dammit Harper," I grumble however I have a wide smile on my face. "I love you too,"

He leans in to kiss me again but I pull my head back for a brief moment.

"Promise me something?" I ask him.

"Anything," he responds.

"Don't Leave Me," I whisper out quietly.

"Never again," he responds sincerely.

I smile and our lips meet in another loving kiss.

-

Alright guys, this is really it. I feel like I'm always doing this, but I want to apologize for updating late. I sat down to write this the day after I posted the last chapter and I didn't know how to even begin writing it. There was so much I wanted to say, too much actually so I had to figure out how to write this. I hope it turned out okay and that you guys got the ending you wanted. I'm sorry if you didn't :(

I want to thank every single person that reads these words right here, whether you've been with me since the first version, or you are reading this like 5 months after this was published or somewhere in between, I want to thank every single one of you. I am completely astounded and humbled by how many people have enjoyed this story and if I'm being honest, I never expected it to get this far. I am extremely grateful to all of you because without you guys none of this ever would have happened. I love you guys so much and I am so sad that it's over. And yes it is over, I will not be writing a sequel :( However I will be writing other fanfictions and stories in the not too distant future so please look out for those! I would be ever so grateful to go on another journey with you guys. I love you guys so much and for the last time, thank you so much for reading! ❤😭😍😚😣💕